Blue Coats' Comeback Falls Short against Magic
ORLANDO - The Delaware Blue Coats (7-3), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, fell to the Lakeland Magic (5-5), 115-107, on Friday afternoon at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, Florida.
76ers two-way contract player Paul Reed notched his eighth double-double of the season for the Blue Coats with 22 points, a game-high 14 rebounds (four off.), two assists, two steals and one block in 34 minutes. Delaware's Jemerrio Jones also had a double-double with 15 points (7-12 FG, 1-2 3FG) and 12 rebounds, including six on the offensive glass. 76ers two-way contract player Rayjon Tucker finished with a game-high 25 points on 6-15 shooting from the field, 1-4 from three-point range and 7-8 from the free-throw line (12 G League free-throw points).
The Magic led by 22 points at halftime before the Blue Coats made it a one possession game, trailing 94-91, with 4:48 to go in regulation. The Magic outrebounded the Blue Coats 49-44 and overcame 20 turnovers in the win. Lakeland shot .538 (43-80) from the floor with 30 assists.
Lakeland got 24 points from Devin Cannady, who made five of his seven three-point field goal attempts while dishing out a game-high eight assists. Milwaukee Bucks two-way contract player Mamadi Diakite, on flex assignment to the Magic, posted a double-double with 21 points (8-12 FG, 1-1 3FG, 2-4 FT), 10 rebounds, four assists and two blocks in 31 minutes.
UP NEXT: The Blue Coats will again play at 11:30 a.m. tomorrow vs. the Oklahoma City Blue (7-2*). The game can be seen locally on DETV Channel 28 and heard on Rowan Radio 89.7 WGLS-FM.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2021
- Greensboro Swarm Downed by Raptors 905 - Greensboro Swarm
- Vipers Outlast Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Comeback Not Enough against Spurs - Oklahoma City Blue
- Spurs Edge Blue, 109-106 - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake City Stars Shine Bright against NBA G League Ignite - Salt Lake City Stars
- Clippers Fall to Mad Ants in Final Seconds - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Blue Coats' Comeback Falls Short against Magic - Delaware Blue Coats
- Lakeland Magic Defeat Delaware Blue Coats - Lakeland Magic
- Mad Ants Close Game on 10-0 Run to Top Agua Caliente - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Hernandez to Join RGV Via Trade - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Westchester Rolls to Third Straight Win over Salt Lake City, 116-95 - Westchester Knicks
- Spurs Rally over Iowa - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Reed Collects League Awards with Historic Tally
- Paul Reed Named to All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Team and All-Defensive Team
- Paul Reed Named 2021 NBA G League Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year
- Coats Staff Key to 2021 Success
- Blue Coats Advance to NBA G League Finals