Clippers Fall to Mad Ants in Final Seconds
Orlando, FL - The Agua Caliente Clippers (3-7) were defeated by the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (5-6), 108-109, Friday morning. Agua Caliente's Amir Coffey missed the game-winning three-point attempt after Daxter Miles Jr.'s floater put the Mad Ants ahead by one point with eight seconds remaining in regulation.
The Clippers, coming off of four-straight losses, came out of the gates with their best shooting performance of the season, hitting 58.3 percent of their shots in the first half on their way to a 67-58 lead at the break. They cooled off in the second half but regained a 12-point advantage with five minutes remaining in the final quarter. Fort Wayne quickly turned things around, however, finishing the game on a 16-3 run to seal the deal.
Coffey, back with Agua Caliente after spending time with the LA Clippers, finished with a team-leading 19 points eight-for-16 shooting from the field. He also added six rebounds and five assists. Six other Clippers scored in double-figures, including James Palmer Jr. with 17 and Jordan Ford with 15 off the bench.
The Mad Ants were led by Naz Mitrou-Long's 19-point, 12-assist double-double. Brian Bowen II followed close behind with 17 points and 16 rebounds for a double-double of his own.
Agua Caliente will try to turn things around in their final five games, starting with the Erie Bayhawks tomorrow morning to finish of the back-to-back. Action tips off at 8:00 a.m. PT inside the AdventHealth Arena at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, FL.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2021
- Greensboro Swarm Downed by Raptors 905 - Greensboro Swarm
- Vipers Outlast Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Comeback Not Enough against Spurs - Oklahoma City Blue
- Spurs Edge Blue, 109-106 - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake City Stars Shine Bright against NBA G League Ignite - Salt Lake City Stars
- Clippers Fall to Mad Ants in Final Seconds - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Blue Coats' Comeback Falls Short against Magic - Delaware Blue Coats
- Lakeland Magic Defeat Delaware Blue Coats - Lakeland Magic
- Mad Ants Close Game on 10-0 Run to Top Agua Caliente - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Hernandez to Join RGV Via Trade - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Westchester Rolls to Third Straight Win over Salt Lake City, 116-95 - Westchester Knicks
- Spurs Rally over Iowa - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.