Greensboro Swarm Downed by Raptors 905
(ORLANDO, F.L.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, fell to Raptors 905 (Toronto Raptors affiliate), 126-117, on Friday at HP Field House at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort. Two-way player Grant Riller scored a season-high 28 points to lead the Swarm (4-6) while Nik Stauskas had 27 points to lead the 905 (7-3).
Riller, a native of Orlando, has scored at least 20 points in three straight games. He also had four assists and three steals in 30 minutes of action. The Swarm had another 20-plus point scorer in Kobi Simmons, who had 21 to go with 11 assists in 31 minutes for his second double-double of the single-site.
Stauskas' big night came from deep range, shooting 7-of-11 on threes. Including Stauskas, the Raptors entire starting five scored in double figures as Alize Johnson had 25 points, Henry Ellenson chipped in 19, Matt Morgan scored 12 and Gary Payton II added 10. Donta Hall had 18 points off the bench.
Overall the 905 outshot the Swarm, 51 percent to 44. The Raptors attacked the rim all night, resulting in 62 points in the paint while Greensboro had 32. The Swarm did hit a season-high 18 3-pointers but it was not enough to catch the Raptors in the final minutes.
Other double-digit scorers for the Swarm include Admiral Schofield (13 points, six rebounds), Nate Darling (13 points) and Ahmed Hill (12 points, two steals).
The Swarm return to the court on Sunday, February 28, against the Erie BayHawks (New Orleans Pelicans affiliate). The 7:00 p.m. ET tip inside AdventHealth Arena will be televised on My48 and streamed on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2021
- Greensboro Swarm Downed by Raptors 905 - Greensboro Swarm
- Vipers Outlast Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Comeback Not Enough against Spurs - Oklahoma City Blue
- Spurs Edge Blue, 109-106 - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake City Stars Shine Bright against NBA G League Ignite - Salt Lake City Stars
- Clippers Fall to Mad Ants in Final Seconds - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Blue Coats' Comeback Falls Short against Magic - Delaware Blue Coats
- Lakeland Magic Defeat Delaware Blue Coats - Lakeland Magic
- Mad Ants Close Game on 10-0 Run to Top Agua Caliente - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Hernandez to Join RGV Via Trade - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Westchester Rolls to Third Straight Win over Salt Lake City, 116-95 - Westchester Knicks
- Spurs Rally over Iowa - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Greensboro Swarm, PNC Bank Team up for Third Season to Support Guilford Child Development
- Hornets Recall Vernon Carey Jr. and Nick Richards from Greensboro Swarm
- Simmons Shines as Swarm Conclude Single-Site Season
- Greensboro Drops Close Game to Fort Wayne
- Greensboro Swarm Fall to Lakeland Magic