Rush Release 2019-20 Home Schedule
(RAPID CITY, SD) - The Rapid City Rush announced the team's home schedule for the 2019-20 ECHL season today.
The full schedule for next season is expected to be released in June. Additionally, all promotional and specialty jersey nights will be released at a later date.
Notes and numbers about the 2019-20 home schedule:
- The Rush will begin the defense of their home ice for a 12th season on home-opening weekend, which is slated for Friday, October 25th, and Saturday, October 26th against the Utah Grizzlies.
- November features two three-game series: one against the Idaho Steelheads from November 6th-9th, and one against the Tulsa Oilers from November 20th-23rd.
- The month of December features the most home games this season at 8, with six coming during a home stand between December 4th and December 14th, during which they'll welcome the Wheeling Nailers to the Black Hills for the first matchups ever in team history. The Rush end December, and 2019 for that matter, against the Wichita Thunder on December 27th and 28th before starting 2020 away from home to celebrate the New Year.
- The Rush have six home games in January, including a three-game series from January 8th-11th in which they'll square off against the Cincinnati Cyclones for the first time at home in team history. The two adversaries previously met on the road in Cincinnati in 2017 and 2019.
- The longest home stand for the Rush spans February 28th-March 15th, featuring 8 games against all divisional rivals in Tulsa, Utah, and Idaho.
- There are three home "three-in-threes" on the schedule this season. The first one features the Tulsa Oilers as the start of the aforementioned 8-game home stand (February 28th and 29th, and March 1st), while the second features the Idaho Steelheads at the end of the same home stand (March 13th, 14th, and 15th). The final one features the Kansas City Mavericks in the final three games of the 2019-20 regular season on April 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
- Of the 36 home games this year, 26 are on Fridays and Saturdays (both at 13). The remaining 10 home games are split between Wednesday nights (7), and Sunday afternoons (3). All Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday games are slated for 7:05 p.m. MST puck drops, while the Sunday afternoon games are slated for 4:05 p.m. MST.
- All but six home games are against Mountain Division opponents. Below is a breakdown of how often the Rush will play their opposition this season:
o Utah Grizzlies: 6 games
o Idaho Steelheads: 6 games
o Tulsa Oilers: 6 games
o Wichita Thunder: 6 games
o Allen Americans: 3 games
o Kansas City Mavericks: 3 games
o Wheeling Nailers*: 3 games
o Cincinnati Cyclones*: 3 games
*-indicates non-Mountain Division opponent
Below is the 2019-20 Rapid City Rush home schedule:
OCTOBER (2 Games)
1) Friday, October 25th vs Utah Grizzlies (HOME OPENER)
2) Saturday, October 26th vs Utah Grizzlies
NOVEMBER (6 Games)
3) Wednesday, November 6th vs Idaho Steelheads
4) Friday, November 8th vs Idaho Steelheads
5) Saturday, November 9th vs Idaho Steelheads
6) Wednesday, November 20th vs Tulsa Oilers
7) Friday, November 22nd vs Tulsa Oilers
8) Saturday, November 23rd vs Tulsa Oilers
DECEMBER (8 Games)
9) Wednesday, December 4th vs Wichita Thunder
10) Friday, December 6th vs Utah Grizzlies
11) Saturday, December 7th vs Utah Grizzlies
12) Wednesday, December 11th vs Wheeling Nailers
13) Friday, December 13th vs Wheeling Nailers
14) Saturday, December 14th vs Wheeling Nailers
15) Friday, December 27th vs Wichita Thunder
16) Saturday, December 28th vs Wichita Thunder
JANUARY (6 Games)
17) Wednesday, Januray 8th vs Cincinnati Cyclones
18) Friday, January 10th vs Cincinnati Cyclones
19) Saturday, January 11th vs Cincinnati Cyclones
20) Wednesday, January 15th vs Wichita Thunder
21) Friday, January 24th vs Wichita Thunder
22) Saturday, January 25th vs Wichita Thunder
FEBRUARY (5 Games)
23) Wednesday, February 12th vs Allen Americans
24) Friday, February 14th vs Allen Americans
25) Saturday, February 15th vs Allen Americans
26) Friday, February 28th vs Tulsa Oilers
27) Saturday, February 29th vs Tulsa Oilers
MARCH (6 Games)
28) Sunday, March 1st vs Tulsa Oilers
29) Friday, March 6th vs Utah Grizzlies
30) Saturday, March 7th vs Utah Grizzlies
31) Friday, March 13th vs Idaho Steelheads
32) Saturday, March 14th vs Idaho Steelheads
33) Sunday, March 15th vs Idaho Steelheads
APRIL (3 Games)
34) Friday, April 3rd vs Kansas City Mavericks
35) Saturday, April 4th vs Kansas City Mavericks
36) Sunday, April 5th vs Kansas City Mavericks (FINAL HOME GAME/FINAL REGULAR SEASON GAME)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 6, 2019
- Rush Release 2019-20 Home Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- 'Blades to Square off with Newfoundland in Eastern Conference Finals - Florida Everblades
- Eastern Conference Finals Schedule Announced - Newfoundland Growlers
- Growlers Advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with 5-1 Victory - Newfoundland Growlers
- Growlers Knock Monarchs out of Kelly Cup Playoffs with 5-1 Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Tulsa Faces Toledo in the Third Round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs, After Winning the Mountain Division Title Sunday. - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - May 6 - ECHL
- All Six Episodes of 'Puckland' Available on NBCSports.com - Maine Mariners
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule - Kansas City Mavericks
- Walleye vs Tulsa in the Conference Finals - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers Announce Schedule for Western Conference Finals - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Win Game 6 to Advance to Western Conference Finals - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.