Oilers Win Game 6 to Advance to Western Conference Finals
TULSA, OK - A sixth straight home win, 3-1 Sunday in Game 6 of the Mountain Division Finals, sent the Tulsa Oilers (8-5-0) through to the Western Conference Finals after winning the best-of-seven series four games to two over the Idaho Steelheads (6-5-0) at the BOK Center.
Returning the lineup for the first time since Game 7 of the first round, Oilers forward Ryan Tesink struck first less than three minutes into the game, burying a rebound from the left circle over Tomas Sholl to put Tulsa in front early. Idaho tied the score at 1-1 on an Oilers turnover at the Tulsa blue line, when Robbie Payne picked off a pass and raced in on a breakaway, beating Devin Williams with a shot through the legs.
Tulsa outshot Idaho 13-8 in the middle frame, and Oilers captain Adam Pleskach skated into the right circle and ripped a shot into the top of the net to give Tulsa a 2-1 lead at the midway point of the period.
Scott Henegar appeared to score an insurance goal on a wraparound in the third period, but the goal was disallowed as the Oilers carried their 2-1 lead down to the final minutes of regulation. The Steelheads pulled Sholl for an extra attacker, but Pleskach hustled to beat an icing and scored an empty-net goal to seal Tulsa's series win.
The Oilers advance to the Western Conference Finals for the first time, where they will face the Toledo Walleye in a best-of-seven series to determine who will represent the Western Conference in the Kelly Cup Finals. A full schedule of the Conference Finals will be announced in the coming days, with the series starting Friday and Sunday with Games 1 and 2 at the Huntington Center in Toledo.
Call 918-632-7825 or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information on playoff ticket packages. Single-game tickets are also on sale at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 6, 2019
- Rush Release 2019-20 Home Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- 'Blades to Square off with Newfoundland in Eastern Conference Finals - Florida Everblades
- Eastern Conference Finals Schedule Announced - Newfoundland Growlers
- Growlers Advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with 5-1 Victory - Newfoundland Growlers
- Growlers Knock Monarchs out of Kelly Cup Playoffs with 5-1 Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Tulsa Faces Toledo in the Third Round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs, After Winning the Mountain Division Title Sunday. - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - May 6 - ECHL
- All Six Episodes of 'Puckland' Available on NBCSports.com - Maine Mariners
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule - Kansas City Mavericks
- Walleye vs Tulsa in the Conference Finals - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers Announce Schedule for Western Conference Finals - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Win Game 6 to Advance to Western Conference Finals - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tulsa Oilers Stories
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 18
- Oilers Defeat Steelheads in Shootout Thriller on Autism Awareness Night
- Despite Late Surge, Oilers Fall 5-4 to Rapid City
- Oilers Acquire Defenseman Jake Bolton from Orlando in Exchange for Eric Drapluk
- Oil Drops: Oilers End Week with First Road Win Before Autism Awareness Night on Saturday