Royals Shut out by Warriors
Victoria, BC -- The Victoria Royals fell to the Moose Jaw Warriors 4-0 on Friday night at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
Gamesheet - bit.ly/2ATRrAh
Royals - No scoring.
Moose Jaw - Tristin Langan 3g-0a (Game Winner), Justin Almeida 0g-3a, Keenan Taphorn 1g-0a, Josh Brook 0g-1a, Brayden Tracey 0g-1a, Matthew Sanders 0g-1a.
Royals - Griffen Outhouse (L) - 50:02 mins, 21 saves on 25 shots.
Brock Gould - 9:58 mins, four saves on four shots.
Moose Jaw - Adam Evanoff (W) - 60:00 mins, 28 saves on 28 shots.
Royals - 0/2= 0.0%.
Moose Jaw - 1/2 = 50.0%.
Three-in-Three: Tonight's matchup versus the Moose Jaw Warriors kicked off the Royals' second three games in three nights set of the month. In Royals' history, the club has previously played in three games in three nights a total of seven times in the month of January. In the first contest of those sets, the club has posted a record of 6-2-0-0.
Milestone Mitch: Victoria defenceman Mitchell Prowse played in his 150th career regular season WHL game tonight. The Kelowna, BC native was drafted in the second round (35th overall) by the Royals in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft. In his career, Prowse has scored 39 points (4g-35a).
Returning to the Lineup: The Royals had a pair of forwards return to the lineup in tonight's contest. Sean Gulka played in his first game since December 15, 2018, while Logan Doust who had been out since January 4th.
Coming up: The Royals will travel to Seattle tomorrow to take on the Thunderbirds at 6:05 p.m. The club will then head to Everett on Sunday to face the Silvertips at 4:05 p.m.
Back to the Barn: Victoria returns home on Tuesday, January 22nd to battle former Royals' forward Dante Hannoun and the CHL's top ranked Prince Albert Raiders at 7:05 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Select Your Tickets box office, over the phone by calling 250-220-7777, or online at www.selectyourtickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2019
- Portland Explodes for a Five-Goal Third Period, Beats Everett 5-1 - Portland Winterhawks
- Pats Can't Rebound from 3-0 Deficit - Regina Pats
- Hitmen Edged by Oil Kings, 3-2 - Calgary Hitmen
- Preview: Blades Visit Queen City Looking for Weekend Sweep - Saskatoon Blades
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland vs. Everett - Game #44 - Portland Winterhawks
- Game 46 vs Swift Current - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE, Wheat Kings Clash in Rematch at Westoba Place - Kootenay Ice
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Saturday, January 19 at Edmonton - Calgary Hitmen
- Wheat Kings Take Weekend Series Opener - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day Preview: Pats Host Back Half of Home and Home with Saskatoon Saturday - Regina Pats
- Giants Wrap up Southern Swing with a 6-4 Win in Spokane - Vancouver Giants
- Ams Push Their Way to Shootout Victory over Thunderbirds - Tri-City Americans
- Scoring Drought Effects Broncos in 3-1 Loss - Swift Current Broncos
- Nothing Selfish About Rebels' Performance in Win over 'Canes - Red Deer Rebels
- Blades Fiery Effort Burns Pats on Frigid Friday - Saskatoon Blades
- ICE Fall to Wheat Kings 5-4 in Overtime - Kootenay Ice
- Scrappy Rockets End Skid behind Porter - Kelowna Rockets
- T-Birds Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Americans - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Royals Shut out by Warriors - Victoria Royals
- Smith's Two Goals Not Enough as Chiefs' Winning Streak Snapped - Spokane Chiefs
- Raiders Douse Blazers In Kamloops - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.