ICE, Wheat Kings Clash in Rematch at Westoba Place
Brandon, MB - The Kootenay ICE (10-29-7-1) conclude a six-game road stretch when it visits the Brandon Wheat Kings (18-18-3-3) for the second time in as many days on Saturday, January 19.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. CT.
ICE 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: Jaeger White (18)
Assists: Peyton Krebs (36)
Points: Peyton Krebs (52)
PIMS: Davis Murray (52)
Plus/ Minus: Chase Hartje (+11)
Wins: Duncan McGovern (6)
The ICE are coming off of a 5-4 overtime loss to the Brandon Wheat Kings on January 18. The ICE received goals from Brad Ginnell, Chase Hartje, Jaeger White and Davis Murray. Goaltender Jesse Makaj stopped 32-of-37 shots. The Wheat Kings got two goals from Cole Reinhardt, while Luka Burzan, Braden Schneider and Ridly Greig scored the others. Stelio Mattheos recorded four assists. The ICE outshot the Wheat Kings 41-37. They went 2-for-5 on the power play, 2-for-3 on the penalty kill and won 33-of-62 face-offs.
The ICE have amassed 28 points this season, which is good for sixth in the Central Division and 10th in the Eastern Conference.
The ICE have a road record of 4-14-4-1.
'98-born forward Jaeger White is eight points away from 100 career WHL points. GAMES
'00-born forward Austin Schellenberg is 14 games away from 100 career WHL regular season games played.
'99-born defenceman Chase Hartje is two games away from 100 career WHL regular season games played.
'98-born forward Jaeger White is one game away from 200 career WHL regular season games played. ICE STREAKS:
'01-born forward Peyton Krebs has 15 points in his last 12 games (3G, 14A).
'01-born forward Jakin Smallwood has points in three-straight games (1G, 2A).
'99-born forward Davis Murray has goals in back-to-back games (2G, 0A).
'98-born forward Jaeger White has 14 points in his last 11 games (5G, 9A).
WHEAT KINGS PREVIEW
Wheat Kings 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: Stelio Mattheos (29)
Assists: Stelio Mattheos (30)
Points: Stelio Mattheos (59)
PIMS: Stelio Mattheos (47)
Plus/ Minus: Braden Schneider (+19)
Wins: Jiri Patera (14)
The Brandon Wheat Kings host the Kootenay ICE for the second time in as many days on Saturday, January 19. Saturday's game is the eighth of the month for the Wheat Kings. Heading into Saturday's game, the Wheat Kings are fourth in the East Division and ninth in the Eastern Conference.
The Wheat Kings are coming off of a 5-4 overtime victory over the Kootenay ICE on January 18. The Wheat Kings received two goals from Cole Reinhardt, while Braden Schneider, Luka Burzan and Ridly Greig scored the others. Stelio Mattheos recorded four assists in the victory. Goaltender Jiri Patera stopped 37-of-41 shots. The Wheat Kings were outshot 41-37. They went 1-for-3 on the power play, 3-for-5 on the penalty kill and won 29-of-62 face-offs.
The Wheat Kings have collected 42 points this season, which is good for fourth in the East Division and ninth in the Eastern Conference.
The Wheat Kings have a home record of 11-9-1-2.
HEAD TO HEAD
The ICE and the Wheat Kings meet four times during the 2018-19 regular season. Saturday's match-up is the third meeting of the season between these two teams. The season series finale will be on March 5 in Cranbrook.
The ICE are 1-5-1-0 in the last seven games against the Wheat Kings in Brandon. Overall, both home and away, the ICE are 6-6-2-0 in the last 14 games against the Wheat Kings.
ICE v WHEAT KINGS COMPARISONS
CATEGORY ICE WHEAT KINGS
PP 41/200 (20.5%) 36/160 (22.5%)
PK 118/169 (69.8%) 112/160 (70.0%)
GOALS FOR 127 140
GOALS AGAINST 213 144
STREAK L-1 W-1
HOME RECORD 6-15-3-0 11-9-1-2
AWAY RECORD 4-14-4-1 7-9-2-1
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2019
- Portland Explodes for a Five-Goal Third Period, Beats Everett 5-1 - Portland Winterhawks
- Pats Can't Rebound from 3-0 Deficit - Regina Pats
- Hitmen Edged by Oil Kings, 3-2 - Calgary Hitmen
- Preview: Blades Visit Queen City Looking for Weekend Sweep - Saskatoon Blades
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland vs. Everett - Game #44 - Portland Winterhawks
- Game 46 vs Swift Current - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE, Wheat Kings Clash in Rematch at Westoba Place - Kootenay Ice
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Saturday, January 19 at Edmonton - Calgary Hitmen
- Wheat Kings Take Weekend Series Opener - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day Preview: Pats Host Back Half of Home and Home with Saskatoon Saturday - Regina Pats
- Giants Wrap up Southern Swing with a 6-4 Win in Spokane - Vancouver Giants
- Ams Push Their Way to Shootout Victory over Thunderbirds - Tri-City Americans
- Scoring Drought Effects Broncos in 3-1 Loss - Swift Current Broncos
- Nothing Selfish About Rebels' Performance in Win over 'Canes - Red Deer Rebels
- Blades Fiery Effort Burns Pats on Frigid Friday - Saskatoon Blades
- ICE Fall to Wheat Kings 5-4 in Overtime - Kootenay Ice
- Scrappy Rockets End Skid behind Porter - Kelowna Rockets
- T-Birds Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Americans - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Royals Shut out by Warriors - Victoria Royals
- Smith's Two Goals Not Enough as Chiefs' Winning Streak Snapped - Spokane Chiefs
- Raiders Douse Blazers In Kamloops - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.