Royals Edged by Silvertips
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Royals were tripped up by the Everett Silvertips 3-2 on Wednesday night at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
Gamesheet - bit.ly/2VtgpPJ.
Game Galleries - bit.ly/322rKJl.
Royals - Tarun Fizer 1g-0a, Logan Doust 1g-0a, Nolan Jones 0g-1a, Kaid Oliver 0g-1a, Jacob Herauf 0g-1a, Will Warm 0g-1a.
Everett - Bryce Kindopp 1g-1a, Brendan Lee 1g-0a, Jackson Berezowski 1g-0a (Game Winner), Wyatte Wylie 0g-1a, Gianni Fairbrother 0g-1a, Max Patterson 0g-1a, Parker Hendren 0g-1a, Michal Gut 0g-1a.
Royals - Shane Farkas (L) - 59:30 mins, 38 saves on 41 shots.
Everett - Dustin Wolf (W) - 60:00 mins, 31 saves on 33 shots.
Royals - 2/4=50.0%.
Everett - 1/6=16.7%.
WHL Debut: Royals affiliated player Cage Newans played in his first career WHL game tonight. Newans was recently called up from the Oceanside Generals of the Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League (VIJHL). The 2003-born forward has recorded 14 points (7g-7a) in nine games.
Welcome Back: Victoria forward Phillip Schultz played in his first game of the season tonight, while Kaid Oliver skated in just his second contest of the campaign and first at home.
Gone Streaking: Victoria defenceman Jacob Herauf has now recorded a point in three straight games (1g-2a). Herauf collected an assist on Logan Doust's goal in the second period.
Campbell River Connection: Victoria's River Fahey and Everett's Jalen Price both hail from Campbell River, BC. Prior to their time in the WHL, Fahey played for the Nanaimo based North Island Silvertips of the BC Major Midget Hockey League (BCMML), while Price was a member of the VIJHL's Campbell River Storm.
League Leader: With a goal and an assist in the contest, Everett's Bryce Kindopp added to his league leading point and goal total. The overage forward has tallied 14 points (8g-6a) in six games.
Hitting the Road: Victoria's next two games will take place on the road in Tri-City and Spokane. The Royals will play the Americans on Friday and the Chiefs on Saturday. Puck drop for both games is at 7:05 p.m.
Returning Home: The Royals return home on Friday, October 18th for Country Night versus the Swift Current Broncos. Puck drop is at 7:05 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Select Your Tickets box office, over the phone by calling 250-220-7777, or online at www.selectyourtickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 10, 2019
- Americans Finalize 2019-20 Leadership Group - Tri-City Americans
- Tips Open Five-Game Homestand Friday, Continue with Pink the Rink on Saturday - Everett Silvertips
- Newest Rebels Forward Has Impressive Pedigree - Red Deer Rebels
- Rockets look to get back in the win column this weekend - Kelowna Rockets
- Mark Kastelic Returns as Captain for 2019-20 Season - Calgary Hitmen
- WHL Announces Schedule, Ticketing Information for 2019 WHL Cup - WHL
- Berezowski Goal Lifts Tips Late - Everett Silvertips
- Blades Beat out Giants on Winning Wednesday - Saskatoon Blades
- Warriors Strike in Overtime against Oil Kings - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Royals Edged by Silvertips - Victoria Royals
- Broncos Drop 8-2 Decision to Portland - Swift Current Broncos
- Oil Kings Tie Game in Final Minute, But Fall to Warriors in OT - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Vancouver Giants Edged 2-1 by Blades Wednesday in Saskatoon - Vancouver Giants
- Winning Wednesday: Hawks Quadruple up the Broncos - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.