Rox Drop Opener in Bismarck, Look for 50th Win in Season Finale
Bismarck, ND - St. Cloud (49-18) had its seven-game winning streak came to a close on Friday night with a 4-2 loss to Bismarck (23-44)
Aiden Adams (Tarleton State) had his best start of the season, cruising through his first six innings on the bump. Adams gave up just four hits on the night and his only real blemish on the line was a three-run home run allowed in the seventh.
Out of the bullpen, Trent Schoeberl (Minnesota) finished up the game in his second appearance of the summer. Schoeberl induced a huge double play to escape a jam in the seventh and then gave up just one in the eighth to give the Rox' bats a chance in the last inning.
O'Neill Burgos (Southern) put the Rox on top early with an RBI double to left field in the fifth inning. Then, Charlie Condon (Georgia) drove in his league-leading 68th run of the season on a sacrifice fly to put St. Cloud up by two.
In his 13th game with the Rox, Ike Mezzenga (Minnesota) added two hits to extend his hit streak to 13 games. Mezzenga's second hit came to lead off the ninth inning to put the Rox in a position to tie the game up.
For a full box score from Friday's game, click here.
The Rox finish the regular season on Friday with the series finale in Bismarck against the Larks. First pitch on Saturday is scheduled for 6:35 pm.
The Rox will start the playoffs Sunday in Willmar, before returning home for game two in St. Cloud on Monday. First pitch on Sunday in game one is scheduled for 5:05 pm, while the Rox' first home playoff game will be at 7:05 pm from the Rock Pile on Monday.
For the full 2022 Rox schedule, click here. The 2022 season is presented by Fleet Farm. For more information regarding this release, season tickets and partial season ticket packages for the 2022 season including Kwik Trip 7-Game Packs, please contact the Rox office at 320-240-9798 or visit www.stcloudrox.com.
Images from this story
Aiden Adams of the St. Cloud Rox
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 12, 2022
- Rockers Take Down Chinooks in Home Finale - Green Bay Rockers
- Larks Win Thriller in 2nd-To-Last Game - Bismarck Larks
- Chinooks Drop Final Road Game of Season - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Rox Drop Opener in Bismarck, Look for 50th Win in Season Finale - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Run over Dock Spiders, 8-2 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Alec Atkinson Plays All Nine Positions and Picks up Save on the Mound in Electric Win - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Huskies Shut Down by Stingers - Duluth Huskies
- Wausau Clinches Playoff Spot in Late Win - Madison Mallards
- Battle Jacks Drop Third Straight, 3-1, Longest Skid of the Year - Battle Creek Battle Jacks
- Woodchucks Clinch Playoff Spot - Wausau Woodchucks
- Garrett Martin Signs with Pioneer League's Range Riders - Battle Creek Battle Jacks
- Rox Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - St. Cloud Rox
- Ross Named Northwoods League's Most Valuable Player - Mankato MoonDogs
- Tristin Garcia and Dylan Carter Make 2022 Northwoods League All-Star Team - Green Bay Rockers
- Three Dock Spiders Named NWL Post-Season All-Stars - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rockers Conclude Five-Game Homestand against Chinooks - Green Bay Rockers
- Patrick Mills Named Postseason All-Star - Battle Creek Battle Jacks
- Aidan Sweatt Named All-NWL - La Crosse Loggers
- Northwoods League Announces 2022 Postseason All-Star Team - Northwoods
- Kingfish Fall to Traverse City in Home Season Finale - Kenosha Kingfish
- Honkers Win Back-and-Forth Game to Sweep Bucks - Rochester Honkers
- Loggers Swept by Huskies; Lose, 6-5. - La Crosse Loggers
- Rafters Walk It Off Against the Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rox Walk off Mud Puppies for Second Straight Night, Finish Home Slate 28-8 at the Rock Pile - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Fall to Larks, 3-1 - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Complete Rare Season-Series Sweep - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Split Series on Thursday Night - Green Bay Rockers
- Crenshaw, Shoen and Roberts Clutch up to Crown MoonDogs Walk-Off Winners in Home Finale - Mankato MoonDogs
- Woodchucks Hang on to Beat Rockers - Wausau Woodchucks
- Chinooks Score Six Unanswered, Dock Spiders Fall 6-1 - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Chinooks Defeat Dock Spiders, 6-1 - Lakeshore Chinooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Cloud Rox Stories
- Rox Announce Changes to Their Project S.A.V.E. Foundation
- Rox Name Nick Studdard Field Manager
- Rox Win Best-Coverage and Webcast Team of the Year
- Rox Receive NWL "Community Program-Of-The-Year Award" for 2nd Consecutive Season
- Rox' Comeback Falls Short in Northwoods League Championship - Thank You Fans for a Great Season