Rookie Alex Smith to Join Everblades
ESTERO, Fla. - Florida Everblades General Manager Craig Brush and Director of Hockey Operations and Head Coach Brad Ralph announced on Tuesday that they agreed to terms with rookie forward Alex Smith for the 2020-21 season.
The 25-year old forward spent the past four seasons skating with Michigan Tech at the NCAA Division I level. During his time with the Huskies, Smith totaled 79 points in 155 career games and was named co-captain his senior season. A faceoff specialist, Smith led his team and ranked 14th nationally with a .589 faceoff percentage as a junior.
Prior to Michigan Tech, the 6-foot, 188-pound native of Edmonton, Alberta racked up 84 points on 32 goals and 52 assists in 56 games with the Flin Flon Bombers of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League in 2015-16 and was named the SJHL Player of the Year.
The Everblades begin the 2020-21 season at Hertz Arena with the home opener on Friday, Dec. 11 against the Jacksonville Icemen.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 18, 2020
- Brampton Beast Season Update - Brampton Beast
- Forward Seamus Malone Signs with Indy - Indy Fuel
- Swamp Rabbits Ink Goaltender John Lethemon - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL's North Division Enacts COVID Voluntary Suspension and Plans 2021-22 Return - Reading Royals
- Adirondack Thunder Issue Statement on Opt out of 2020-21 Season - Adirondack Thunder
- MEDIA RELEASE: Growlers to Opt-Out of 2020-21 ECHL Season - Newfoundland Growlers
- Cyclones Sign Yushiroh Hirano - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL North Division Elects Suspension of Play, Mariners Issue Statement - Maine Mariners
- Rookie Alex Smith to Join Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Gillam Returns for Second Season - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers Sign Dane Birks & Matt Foley - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.