Forward Seamus Malone Signs with Indy
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs announced Wednesday that they have signed forward Seamus Malone to a standard player contract for the 2020-21 season.
Malone, 24, skated in 35 games last season for the American Hockey League's Utica Comets, earning four goals and one assist. Assigned to the Kalamazoo Wings in early February, Malone registered one goal and two assists in three games before being recalled. Entering his second professional season, the 5-foot-10, 181-pound forward has skated in 41 AHL contests earning seven goals and one assist.
Prior to turning pro, Malone spent four years at the University of Wisconsin where he played in 143 NCAA games, earning 33 goals and 71 assists. Serving as the Badgers' alternate captain during his senior year, Malone finished tied for first in points with eight goals and 18 assists in 37 games.
With the signing of Malone, the Fuel have 12 forwards, five defensemen and two goaltenders signed for the 2020-21 season. Stay tuned to Indy Fuel social media pages for more player signings throughout the offseason.
Full season, 18 ticket and 12 ticket flex packages are now on sale for the Fuel's 7th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2020-21 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 18, 2020
- Brampton Beast Season Update - Brampton Beast
- Forward Seamus Malone Signs with Indy - Indy Fuel
- Swamp Rabbits Ink Goaltender John Lethemon - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL's North Division Enacts COVID Voluntary Suspension and Plans 2021-22 Return - Reading Royals
- Adirondack Thunder Issue Statement on Opt out of 2020-21 Season - Adirondack Thunder
- MEDIA RELEASE: Growlers to Opt-Out of 2020-21 ECHL Season - Newfoundland Growlers
- Cyclones Sign Yushiroh Hirano - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL North Division Elects Suspension of Play, Mariners Issue Statement - Maine Mariners
- Rookie Alex Smith to Join Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Gillam Returns for Second Season - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers Sign Dane Birks & Matt Foley - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.