Cyclones Sign Yushiroh Hirano
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones have signed forward Yushiroh Hirano to a Standard Player Contract (SPC) for the 2020-21 season.
Hirano comes to Cincinnati to take part in his third professional season in North America. The previous two seasons have seen him play in the Pittsburgh Penguins system with the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL) and Wilkes Barre/Scranton (AHL). During this time, Hirano accounted for 92 points (32 goals + 60 assists) over 119 ECHL games and one assist in one game for Wilkes Barre/Scranton.
"I feel very proud and thankful for the opportunity with the Cyclones during the hard time of the world with COVID-19," said Hirano. "I am looking forward to playing in front of the great Cyclones fans."
Hirano has a very interesting and diverse playing background. Before playing professionally in America, Hirano spent multiple stints in the Asia League, along with Youngstown of the USHL and also playing in one of the top leagues in Sweden. Hirano has also represented his home country of Japan in international play.
"We have intimate knowledge of Yushiroh as a player and competitor from the last two years in Central Division play," said Cyclones head coach Matt Thomas. "He has an elite level shot and will immediately improve our power play. We look forward to adding a player of his caliber to our team."
Stay tuned all off-season for updates on important events, player signings, promotion and ticketing information and MORE! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 18, 2020
- Brampton Beast Season Update - Brampton Beast
- Forward Seamus Malone Signs with Indy - Indy Fuel
- Swamp Rabbits Ink Goaltender John Lethemon - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL's North Division Enacts COVID Voluntary Suspension and Plans 2021-22 Return - Reading Royals
- Adirondack Thunder Issue Statement on Opt out of 2020-21 Season - Adirondack Thunder
- MEDIA RELEASE: Growlers to Opt-Out of 2020-21 ECHL Season - Newfoundland Growlers
- Cyclones Sign Yushiroh Hirano - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL North Division Elects Suspension of Play, Mariners Issue Statement - Maine Mariners
- Rookie Alex Smith to Join Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Gillam Returns for Second Season - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers Sign Dane Birks & Matt Foley - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.