Roman Durny Named USHL Goaltender of the Week
CHICAGO-The United States Hockey League has announced the Goaltender of the Week for Week Six of the 2018-19 season. Des Moines Buccaneers' goaltender Roman Durny earned his first-ever Goaltender of the Week award. Durny, the Anaheim Ducks' prospect, led the Buccaneers to two victories, stopping 41 of 43 shots on Friday before posting a 23-save shutout on Sunday.
Goaltender: Roman Durny - Des Moines Buccaneers
2-0-0-0, 1.00 GAA, .970 SV%
Durny stopped 41 of the 43 shots he faced in Des Moines' 5-2 victory over the Tri-City Storm on Friday. The Anaheim Ducks prospect then shut out the Sioux Falls Stampede on Sunday, making 23 saves for his first shutout of the season as the Buccaneers rolled to a 7-0 win over the Stampede to extend his team's winning streak to four games. Durny has now won each of his last three starts, moving him to 7-3-0-0 on the season, to go along with an impressive 2.38 GAA and .923 SV%. His 2.38 GAA is good for second among all USHL goaltenders, while his .923 SV% is third in the league. He has stopped 25 or more shots in eight of his 10 appearances and 312 shots in total, also second among all USHL goaltenders. Durny is playing in his first full USHL season after joining the Buccaneers midway through the 2017-18 campaign. In 25 appearances last season, Durny posted an identical 2.38 GAA to go along with a .920 SV% and a pair of shutouts. Following the season, he was selected in the fifth round, 147th overall by the Anaheim Ducks at the 2018 NHL Draft in Dallas. Durny is a native of Liptovsky Mikulas, SVK and previously played for HK 32 Liptovsky Mikulas in Slovakia.
The Des Moines Buccaneers are a member of the United States Hockey League, the only Tier 1 Junior Hockey League in the United States. The Bucs have played in the USHL since 1980, winning four Clark Cups as playoff champions and four Anderson Cups as the team with the best regular season record.
2018-19 tickets are on sale now. Reserve today! Call 515-278-BUCS to ask about advertising sponsorship, our Skybox Suite and ticket hospitality opportunities at Buccaneer Arena.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 5, 2018
- Filip Forsmark Announces Commitment to Merrimack - Tri-City Storm
- Late Game Heroics Push Phantoms Past Flying Aces - Youngstown Phantoms
- Bobby Brink Named USHL's Forward of the Week - Sioux City Musketeers
- Leitner Named USHL Player of the Week - Green Bay Gamblers
- USHL Players of the Week Named for Week 6 - USHL
- Roman Durny Named USHL Goaltender of the Week - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Mayer Commits to Colorado College - Fargo Force
- Flying Aces Drop Morning Game against the Phantoms, 3-2 - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Gamblers Sweep on the Road - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Des Moines Buccaneers Stories
- Two Bucs and One Affiliate Named to NHL Central Scouting's Midterm Rankings
- Des Moines Adds Forward Fafrak and Defenseman Starikov
- Lebster Named USHL Forward of the Week
- Forward Lebster Named USHL Forward of the Week
- Reilly and Gislason Named to USHL Top Prospects Game Staff