Leitner Named USHL Player of the Week
Today the USHL announced that Gamblers defenseman Nick Leitner has earned Player of the Week honors.
Leitner dished out an assist on the eventual game-winning goal in Green Bay's 5-3 victory in Chicago on Friday, and followed it up by adding two more helpers as the Gamblers picked up a commanding 7-2 win in Cedar Rapids on Saturday. It is the second weekly award of the season for the Bemidji, MN native, who was also named USHL Defenseman of the Week on Oct. 15. Leitner now has 10 assists in 12 games this season, placing him in second place among all USHL defenseman in assists and in a tie for second in points. He also leads all Gamblers players in points. Prior to his time in Green Bay, Leitner spend two seasons (2016-18) with the Des Moines Buccaneers, recording 12 points (2G, 10A) in 86 games to go along with a +11 rating. He suited up for Bemidji High (MN) prior to coming to the USHL before the 2016-17 season. Leitner was selected in the second round, 18th overall by Des Moines in the 2016 USHL Phase II Draft and was acquired by Green Bay via trade on May 1.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 5, 2018
- Filip Forsmark Announces Commitment to Merrimack - Tri-City Storm
- Late Game Heroics Push Phantoms Past Flying Aces - Youngstown Phantoms
- Bobby Brink Named USHL's Forward of the Week - Sioux City Musketeers
- Leitner Named USHL Player of the Week - Green Bay Gamblers
- USHL Players of the Week Named for Week 6 - USHL
- Roman Durny Named USHL Goaltender of the Week - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Mayer Commits to Colorado College - Fargo Force
- Flying Aces Drop Morning Game against the Phantoms, 3-2 - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Gamblers Sweep on the Road - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.