Bobby Brink Named USHL's Forward of the Week
SIOUX CITY, IA - For the third straight week, a Musketeer has earned USHL player of the week honors. This week it was none other than Bobby Brink. Brink recorded seven points on four goals, and three assists, along with a +2 rating in three games. Brink recorded three of his four goals on Saturday night in a 3-2 victory over the Omaha Lancers.
Brink started the week off with a goal and an assist in a loss against the Waterloo Black Hawks on Tuesday night. He followed that up with two assists in the Musketeers 4-1 victory over the Fargo Force, and of course, completed the week with a hat-trick against the Lancers on Saturday night.
With his performance over the past week Brink now has a four-game multi-point streak and has recorded a point in 11 of 13 games. As a result, Brink's point total sits at 22 points in just 13 games, good for second in the entire USHL. Sitting three points ahead of him on top of the USHL is his linemate Martin Pospisil, who was awarded Forward of the Week honors just two weeks ago.
When asked about Brink's success this week and all season long Assistant Coach Ryan Durocher said it has everything to do with effort on and off the ice "Bobby is just a real student of the game, he's a true professional. He wants to get better and he works hard on his craft and when you put the time and effort in that pays off for you."
That time and effort is clearly paying off for Brink who scored four of his eight total goals in the past week. Coach Durocher believed it was only a matter of time before Brink started converting on his chances, "Bobby's had some good looks so far, whether it's been five on five or on the powerplay he's had a lot of shots and opportunities. Saturday night he had the same looks that he's had, but they started going in for him, and I would expect that to continue."
Brink and the Musketeers will finally get a little time to breathe after three straight weeks with three games. They will return to action at the Tyson Events Center on Friday night for one game against the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders before taking on the Lincoln Stars for the first time this season the following evening on Military Appreciation Night.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 5, 2018
- Filip Forsmark Announces Commitment to Merrimack - Tri-City Storm
- Late Game Heroics Push Phantoms Past Flying Aces - Youngstown Phantoms
- Bobby Brink Named USHL's Forward of the Week - Sioux City Musketeers
- Leitner Named USHL Player of the Week - Green Bay Gamblers
- USHL Players of the Week Named for Week 6 - USHL
- Roman Durny Named USHL Goaltender of the Week - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Mayer Commits to Colorado College - Fargo Force
- Flying Aces Drop Morning Game against the Phantoms, 3-2 - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Gamblers Sweep on the Road - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux City Musketeers Stories
- Sioux City Musketeers Double Header Weekend Preview
- Assistant Captain Dominic Vidoli Earns USHL Defenseman of the Week Honor
- Sioux City Musketeers Announce Captains for the 2019-20 Season
- Ethan Haider Earns His 1st USHL Goaltender of the Week Honor
- Seven Sioux City Musketeers Players on NHL Central Scouting Watch List