Rockets Acquire Farren from Blades
The Kelowna Rockets have acquired 2000-born forward Michael Farren from the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for a third round pick in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft.
The Richmond, BC. native is right-handed centre born on April 19th, 2000. The skilled forward is 5'10 and weighs 165lbs.
So far in his WHL career Farren has accumulated 20 goals and 37 assists for 57 points in 133 games all with the Saskatoon Blades, including five points in eight games so far this season. Prior to playing for the Blades, Farren tore up the BCMML with the Valley West Hawks scoring 15 goals and 33 assists for 48 points in 40 games in the 2015-2016 season.
"He's a skilled guy who we are hoping can come in and put up some good offensive numbers," said Rockets Assistant General Manager Lorne Frey. "He's a younger guy, hopefully a two-to-three year guy, and we think he can help us move ahead offensively. We're trying to get more offence injected into the team and were hoping that he can help as he's a young, talented kid. We're looking ahead to the future."
The Saskatoon Blades host the Swift Current Broncos Sask Tel Centre in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, October 06, 2017
The Rockets sent a third round selection in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft back to Saskatoon in exchange for Farren.
The Rockets are back in action tomorrow night when they visit the Tri-City Americans in Kennewick, WA. at the Toyota Center. Michael Farren is expected to make his Rockets debut on Saturday night at Prospera Place when Kelowna and Tri-City go head-to-head in a rematch of Friday night. Puck drop on Saturday is at 7:05pm.
Tickets are on sale at selectyourtickets.com, at the Prospera Place box office or by phone at 250-762-5050.
Season tickets are on sale now. Season ticket holders will have first right of refusal on 2020 Memorial Cup presented by KIA ticket packages.
For season ticket info contact us by email - Gavin Hamilton - firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew Deans - email@example.com, or by phone at 250-860-7825.
Images from this story
Michael Farren with the Saskatoon Blades
(Steve Hiscock/Saskatoon Blades)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 11, 2018
- Rockets Ready for Home-And-Home with Americans - Kelowna Rockets
- Blades Acquire Draft Pick from Kelowna for Farren - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Acquire Farren from Blades - Kelowna Rockets
- Rebels Riding Five-Game Win Streak Heading into the First of Two Weekend Road Contests - Red Deer Rebels
- Forward Sean Gulka Leaves Team, Rights Returned to Victoria - Spokane Chiefs
- 7 Days for Boarding Contest Lifts off Friday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- ICE Announce Leadership Group for 2018-19 Season - Kootenay Ice
- Step-By-Step Instructions to Bid on Wilderness Camo Jersey Online - Kootenay Ice
- In the Cards: Q&A with Cole Sillinger - Medicine Hat Tigers
- PG Cougars Minor Sports Day October 21st - Prince George Cougars
- Seattle Downs Rockets in Scorefest 9-6 - Kelowna Rockets
- Hawks Rout the Oil Kings at Home - Portland Winterhawks
- Philp's Four Floors Rockets - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Lethbridge Tops Pats on the Road - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kelowna Rockets Stories
- Kelowna Rockets Korczak Picks up Assist in Canada's Opening Victory at U18 World Championship
- Kelowna Rockets Korczak Named to Hockey Canada's 2019 IIHF U18 World Championship Roster
- Five Rockets Listed by NHL Central Scouting in Final Rankings
- Former Rocket Named ECHL's 2018-19 CCM/ECHL Most Valuable Player
- Eight Alumni to Compete for Stanley Cup