Lethbridge Tops Pats on the Road
Regina, Saskatchewan - The Regina Pats kicked off their three-game road trip with a 4-2 loss in Lethbridge to the Hurricanes on Wednesday night.
The Pats got off and running early when Riley Krane put home a rebound for his first of the year, 1:34 into the first to make it 1-0. The Hurricanes got it back at the 11-minute mark and it was 1-1 after 1. In the second, the Hurricanes scored twice and took a 3-1 lead to the third. Regina got to within one on the powerplay at 7:57 when Robbie Holmes finished off a pretty passing play with Nick Henry and Austin Pratt and it was a 3-2 game. However, with four minutes left, a dump in came off the skates of the linesman into the slot and Ty Kolle would jump on the loose puck and score his second of the night for Lethbridge to make it 4-2 and that was the final score.
The Pats went one for three on the powerplay and the penalty kill was one for two. Robbie Holmes led the offence with a goal and an assist, while Max Paddock made 29 saves.
The Pats (1-6-0-0) continue their road trip on Friday in Cranbrook against the Kootenay ICE at 7 p.m. on 620 CKRM.
Regina - Riley Krane (1) from Logan Nijhoff and Robbie Holmes - 1:34.
Lethbridge - Jake Elmer (4) from Jadon Joseph and Jackson Shepard - 11:09.
Lethbridge - Ty Kolle (1) from Jordy Bellerive and Igor Merezhko - 5:35 PP.
Lethbridge - Calen Addison (2) from Igor Merezhko and Dylan Cozens - 15:11.
Regina - Robbie Holmes (3) from Nick Henry and Austin Pratt - 7:57 PP.
Lethbridge - Ty Kolle (2) from Logan Barlage - 16:01.
Shots on Goal
Regina 11-8-7-(26) Lethbridge 8-17-8-(33)
Regina 1/3 Lethbridge 1/2
- Riley Krane scored his first of the year and second career goal in the contest.
- Max Paddock returned to the lineup and made 29 saves.
- Logan Nijhoff and Riley Krane have points in back to back games.
The Pats continue their road trip on Friday in Cranbrook against the Kootenay ICE at 7 p.m. on 620 CKRM.
Next home game is Wednesday, October 17 against the Spokane Chiefs. Tickets are available at reginapats.com, the Brandt Centre Box Office and at any Regina Safeway, where Fun Zone tickets are $13 plus tax.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 11, 2018
- Rockets Ready for Home-And-Home with Americans - Kelowna Rockets
- Blades Acquire Draft Pick from Kelowna for Farren - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Acquire Farren from Blades - Kelowna Rockets
- Rebels Riding Five-Game Win Streak Heading into the First of Two Weekend Road Contests - Red Deer Rebels
- Forward Sean Gulka Leaves Team, Rights Returned to Victoria - Spokane Chiefs
- 7 Days for Boarding Contest Lifts off Friday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- ICE Announce Leadership Group for 2018-19 Season - Kootenay Ice
- Step-By-Step Instructions to Bid on Wilderness Camo Jersey Online - Kootenay Ice
- In the Cards: Q&A with Cole Sillinger - Medicine Hat Tigers
- PG Cougars Minor Sports Day October 21st - Prince George Cougars
- Seattle Downs Rockets in Scorefest 9-6 - Kelowna Rockets
- Hawks Rout the Oil Kings at Home - Portland Winterhawks
- Philp's Four Floors Rockets - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Lethbridge Tops Pats on the Road - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Regina Pats Stories
- Game Day Preview: Pats Kick-Off Mini Alberta Road Trip in Lethbridge Friday
- Regina Edged by Lethbridge
- Game Day Preview: Pats Return to Action Sunday at Home to Lethbridge
- Pats Doubled up by Giants, 4-2
- Game Day Preview: Pats Look to Bounce Back Saturday at Home to Vancouver