ICE Announce Leadership Group for 2018-19 Season
Cranbrook, B.C. - The Kootenay ICE Hockey Club announced on Thursday its on-ice leadership group for the 2018-19 season.
1998-born defenceman Dallas Hines, 1999-born forward Brett Davis, 2000-born forward Keenan Taphorn, 2001-born forward Peyton Krebs and 1999-born forward Cam Hausinger will form the leadership team. Krebs and Hausinger will alternate wearing the "A" for home and away games.
"In the process of evaluating our group and listening to our players, it was clear to us that the cohesion of our leaders was not isolated to any one individual," said James Patrick, Head Coach. "There is a collective strength in the core leadership group that has formed and at this time we believe not naming a captain will allow the leadership of our group to evolve naturally."
Below is more information regarding each player who will be wearing an 'A' for the ICE this season:
Dallas Hines is in his fourth season with the ICE after being selected by the organization in the fifth round (97th overall) in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft.
Hines was an Assistant Captain during the 2017-18 season.
The native of Marwayne, Alberta has suited up in 190 career WHL regular season games.
Brett Davis is in his second full season with the organization after the ICE acquired the Oakbank, Manitoba native from the Lethbridge Hurricanes in the middle of the 2016-17 campaign.
Since that point, Davis has played 106 regular season games for the ICE. Davis was one of the offensive leaders for the ICE during the 2017-18 season.
This is the second season that Davis will be an Assistant Captain with the club.
This is Keenan Taphorn's third season with the ICE and it will be the second season where Taphorn will be an Assistant Captain.
The ICE selected Taphorn in the second round (34th overall) of the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft.
Throughout his WHL career, Taphorn has suited up in 136 regular season games for the ICE.
Peyton Krebs is in his second season with the ICE after being selected first overall by the organization in the 2016 WHL Bantam Draft.
Krebs was one of the offensive leaders for the ICE during the 2017-18 campaign.
This is the first season that Krebs will wear an 'A' with the club.
Cam Hausinger is in his second full season with the ICE after being acquired by the organization from the Red Deer Rebels during the 2017 off-season.
Hausinger experienced a breakout season during the 2017-18 campaign and emerged as one of the team's offensive leaders.
This is the first season that Hausinger will wear an 'A' with the club.
The next home game for the ICE is Wilderness Camo Jersey Night presented by Silverado Industries on Friday, October 12 against the Regina Pats. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. MT.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 11, 2018
- Rockets Ready for Home-And-Home with Americans - Kelowna Rockets
- Blades Acquire Draft Pick from Kelowna for Farren - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Acquire Farren from Blades - Kelowna Rockets
- Rebels Riding Five-Game Win Streak Heading into the First of Two Weekend Road Contests - Red Deer Rebels
- Forward Sean Gulka Leaves Team, Rights Returned to Victoria - Spokane Chiefs
- 7 Days for Boarding Contest Lifts off Friday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- ICE Announce Leadership Group for 2018-19 Season - Kootenay Ice
- Step-By-Step Instructions to Bid on Wilderness Camo Jersey Online - Kootenay Ice
- In the Cards: Q&A with Cole Sillinger - Medicine Hat Tigers
- PG Cougars Minor Sports Day October 21st - Prince George Cougars
- Seattle Downs Rockets in Scorefest 9-6 - Kelowna Rockets
- Hawks Rout the Oil Kings at Home - Portland Winterhawks
- Philp's Four Floors Rockets - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Lethbridge Tops Pats on the Road - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.