Blades Acquire Draft Pick from Kelowna for Farren
Saskatoon, Sask. - The Saskatoon Blades have completed a trade with the Kelowna Rockets sending 2000 born forward Michael Farren to the Rockets in exchange for a 2020 3rd round draft pick.
"Michael texted me Monday morning to let me know he wasn't satisfied with his role on the team and would be flying home to await a trade," explained Saskatoon Blades' General Manager Colin Priestner. "We are disappointed in Michael's decision, but this draft pick is an asset that allows to us to improve our team if needed in the future. We wish him the best in Kelowna."
Farren, an 18-year-old native of Surrey, British Columbia, was listed by the Blades in 2015 and signed with the team after his first camp as a 16-year-old. The 5'9" right-winger spent the past two seasons with the Blades and is currently in his third WHL season. In 133 career games with Saskatoon, Farren had 20 goals, 57 points, and a -31 rating.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 11, 2018
- Rockets Ready for Home-And-Home with Americans - Kelowna Rockets
- Blades Acquire Draft Pick from Kelowna for Farren - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Acquire Farren from Blades - Kelowna Rockets
- Rebels Riding Five-Game Win Streak Heading into the First of Two Weekend Road Contests - Red Deer Rebels
- Forward Sean Gulka Leaves Team, Rights Returned to Victoria - Spokane Chiefs
- 7 Days for Boarding Contest Lifts off Friday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- ICE Announce Leadership Group for 2018-19 Season - Kootenay Ice
- Step-By-Step Instructions to Bid on Wilderness Camo Jersey Online - Kootenay Ice
- In the Cards: Q&A with Cole Sillinger - Medicine Hat Tigers
- PG Cougars Minor Sports Day October 21st - Prince George Cougars
- Seattle Downs Rockets in Scorefest 9-6 - Kelowna Rockets
- Hawks Rout the Oil Kings at Home - Portland Winterhawks
- Philp's Four Floors Rockets - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Lethbridge Tops Pats on the Road - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.