Rock Cats Make Two New Roster Moves
The New Britain Rock Cats of the Eastern League made two roster moves today and each involved a Right-Handed Pitcher.
RHP David Bromberg, a 22-year-old resident of Los Angeles, CA, has been promoted to Rochester in the Triple-A, International League. The 6"5"/230-pound starter was the 2009 Florida State League Pitcher of the Year at Ft. Myers when he won 13 games and led the Single-A, FSL in Strike Outs (148). In his first action at the Double-A level in New Britain this year, the former 32nd Round pick of the Minnesota Twins in 2005 out of Santa Ana Junior College, posted a 5-5 record over 17 starting appearances. The competitive Bromberg, a fan favorite and popular teammate, allowed 40 earned runs in 99.1 total innings of work for the 2010 Rock Cats, giving him a 3.62 ERA.
RHP Bobby Lanigan, a 23-year-old native of Staten Island, NY, will join the Rock Cats today from Ft. Myers in the Florida State League. The 6'4"/220-pound product of Adelphi, is now in his third season of professional baseball after having been selected by the Twins in the 3rd Round (92nd overall) of the 2008 Draft. In 11 appearances (10 starts) for Single-A Ft. Myers this year, he posted a 3-1 record and 2.15 ERA. His career Minor League record to date is 14-8. Lanigan is slated to be the Rock Cats' starting pitcher tonight when they play on the road at Harrisburg, PA.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 19, 2010
- Roberts Gives Baysox Major Advantage - Bowie Baysox
- Fisher Cats Strikeout 12 in Loss to Sea Dogs - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Seven Run Seventh Keys Sea Dogs Win - Portland Sea Dogs
- Evans Homers in Return, But B-Mets Fall 6-2 at - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Join the Cats for a Rockin' Homestand Starting This Thursday - New Britain Rock Cats
- Akron Homers Thrice in 4-1 Win Over Altoona - Akron RubberDucks
- Aeros Pitching Flies by Curve Bats in 4-1 Loss - Altoona Curve
- Thunder Rolls Over Richmond, 6-0 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Thunder Shut out Richmond at the Diamond - Trenton Thunder
- Espinosa's Big Night Spurs Sens - Harrisburg Senators
- 'Wolves Drop Fifth Straight Following 6-1 Loss to Reading - Erie SeaWolves
- Aeros Notes - Akron RubberDucks
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- OF Shin-Soo Choo Joins Aeros - Akron RubberDucks
- Sea Dogs' Picnic in the Park Set for July 24th - Portland Sea Dogs
- Reyes Named EL Player of the Week - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Aeros Name Kipnis Player of the Week Again - Akron RubberDucks
- Jesus Valdez Wins the Eastern League Player of the Week Award - Harrisburg Senators
- Eastern League Announces Weekly Award Winners - EL
- Rock Cats Make Two New Roster Moves - New Britain Rock Cats
- Baltimore Orioles 2B Brian Roberts Joins The Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Westcott Splits Baysox Hopes - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Britain Rock Cats Stories
- Rock Cats to Hold Season Ending Blowout Sale Tomorrow and Friday
- Dramatic Patterson Walk-Off HR Lifts Lid off New Britain Stadium in Rock Cats Finale
- DÃ©ja Vu: Morneau's Homer Wins It for Rock Cats
- Rock Cats Set New Single Game Attendance Record at New Britain Stadium 8,672
- Morneau Returns Before Record Crowd, But Cats Lose