Robin Bouchard named UHL Player of the Week
MUSKEGON, MI.--- The reigning Colonial Cup Champions of the United Hockey League, the Central Division and co-league leading Muskegon Fury, in conjunction with the UHL, have announced today that Fury right wing ROBIN BOUCHARD has been acclaimed SHER-WOOD / UHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK for the week of January 3rd through January 9th.
In his 11th pro campaign and his 9th with the Fury, BOUCHARD, 31, continues to ignite the Fury flames that have been fanned into a raging inferno through the impetus of a 7-game winning streak, matching the leagues longest of the season and a 6-game road win skein, earned through a recently-completed 6-game road trek. The latter streak also represents the longest in the league in that category.
This past week, facing a grueling journey of 4-road games in a rather compact-like 5-days, Bouchards Fury club responded with a perfect 4(4-0-0) mark. The 5-11, 188lb native of Jonquiere, PQ was never better as he engineered a colossal 10-points on 4-goals, 6-assists, including 1-PPG, 1-FG, 1-GWG and 1-ENG. Four consecutive multiple-point performances for the week, spiced with 11-SOG and a brilliant +7 rating were also integral and instrumental achievements in the Bouchard body of work for the week.
Moreover, during the Furys current 7-game winning streak, Rockin Robin has been one of his torrid teams supreme catalysts, registering a prolific 18-points on 7-goals, 11-assists; 7(7-11-18). In the last 10-games, he is 10(9-12-21).
The defending UHL scoring champion from the 2003-04 season and Muskegons Colonial Cup III, Bouchard has surged sartorially to a tie for third in this seasons league-wide scoring derby with 39(23-29-52). For the season, his 23-goals rank 4th while his 11-PPG tie him for 2nd most in the league. His 28-PP/Points lead the league and his 17-PP/Assists tie him with linemate Brant Blackned for the lofty #2 spot in the circuit. Recently, Bouch Almighty attained yet another career milestone when he became only the 4th player in UHL history to reach 800 career points. His 6-multiple goal games also lead the Fury.
Last season, Bouchards career became even more legendary as he gained pro hockey immortality, shattering an 83-year-old pro hockey record from the year of 1921. The Furys famous #32 composed the longest goal-scoring streak in the history of the pro game when he fired a total of 21-goals in an amazing 17-games goal-scoring streak.
Bouchard is the first Fury player this season to be honored through the UHLs weekly league-wide awards.
The first-place Fury 39(24-10-5)53 reach the halfway point of their 80-games schedule this weekend when they host The Scott Feasby Retirement Party Weekend, Friday night in a clash against divisional foe Port Huron and Saturday night against Missouri with both games set for 7:30 pm. The long-time Fury captains fabled #20 jersey will be forever retired in special center ice ceremonies.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from January 10, 2005
- Fury trade Brent Belecki to Richmond - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Robin Bouchard named UHL Player of the Week - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Mallards Take Three of Four Points - Quad City Mallards
- Four Trashers, coach Stirling selected to All-Star team - Danbury Trashers
- Trashers finish week with strong showing - Danbury Trashers
- Mallards Deal Rookie Duo to Motor City - Quad City Mallards
- Muskegon's Robin Bouchard and Danburys Scott Stirling earn weekly honors - IHL 2
- Four River Otters Selected To All-Star Team - Missouri River Otters
- Elmira In Midst Of Six Straight Road Games - Elmira Jackals
- Mechanics Earn Point In Tough Weekend - Motor City Mechanics
- Three Jackals Named To UHL All-Star Team - Elmira Jackals
- Beacon review - Port Huron Flags
- Komets share UHL lead after 40 games - Fort Wayne Komets
- UHL All-Star rosters announced - IHL 2
- Torrid Fury complete sweep of six-game road trip - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Muskegon Fury notes - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Elmira Skates To Scoreless Draw, Lose Shootout - Elmira Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.