Riverhounds SC Season Suspended for Minimum of 30 Days
PITTSBURGH - Announced today by the United Soccer League, the Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC and USL Championship season will be suspended for a minimum of 30 days.
Games affected are intended to be rescheduled at a later date. For affected Riverhounds SC home matches, those tickets will be honored at the later rescheduled date for the respective matches.
The club continues to monitor government decisions at the federal, state and local levels in regard to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In addition, the organization has been in contact with the USL Championship and government officials during this decision-making process and will continue to cooperate with these parties in regard to recommendations moving forward.
The safety and well-being of players, coaches, employees and fans are Riverhounds SC's first priority.
Additional information on COVID-19 can be found at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. For additional updates, please monitor riverhounds.com and team social media channels at @RiverhoundsSC. Ticketing questions should be directed at (412) 865-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 12, 2020
- Statement from San Antonio FC Managing Director Tim Holt - San Antonio FC
- Orange County SC Statement on USL Championship Temporary Suspension of Play - Orange County SC
- Updates to the 2020 FC Tulsa Season - FC Tulsa
- SD Loyal Postpones All Match Play for a Minimum of 30 Days Following USL Championship Decision to Suspend the 2020 Season - San Diego Loyal
- USL Suspends 2020 Season - Saint Louis FC
- United Soccer League Temporarily Suspends 2020 Season, Including New Mexico United Matches - New Mexico United
- Eastern Conference Preview: Part Three - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Indy Eleven
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Memphis 901 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Issues Update - El Paso Locomotive FC
- USL Games Postponed for 30 Days - Loudoun United FC
- North Carolina FC Issues Statement on USL Decision to Temporarily Suspend Season - North Carolina FC
- Statement from the Rio Grande Valley FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Birmingham Legion FC
- Riverhounds SC Season Suspended for Minimum of 30 Days - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Club Statement Issued Regarding USL Championship Announcement - Phoenix Rising FC
- Upcoming Republic FC Matches Postponed - Sacramento Republic FC
- Usl Suspends Match Play for Minimum of 30 Days - OKC Energy FC
- USL Suspends Play 30 Days - Louisville City FC
- USL Announces Minimum 30-Day Suspension of Competition - Reno 1868 FC
- Miami FC's Home Opener Scheduled for Friday Is Suspended - Miami FC
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - USL
- Hartford Athletic Signs Conor McGlynn - Hartford Athletic
- Tickets Sales for Louisville City's April 7 Open Cup Match Suspended - Louisville City FC
- United Soccer League Teams Prioritize Recovery with NormaTec - USL
- Hartford Athletic Signs Connecticut Native Alfonso Vazquez - Hartford Athletic
- Sanchez: Response Has Been Extremely Positive - Louisville City FC
- Tacoma Defiance Drops 2-1 Decision to San Diego Loyal SC - Tacoma Defiance
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Stories
- Hounds Keep Pace in Division with 2-1 Win over Charleston
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Charleston Battery
- Riverhounds Issue Statement on USL Decision to Replay End of Miami FC Match
- 3 Things: #PITvCHS
- Dubious Disallowed Goal Leaves Hounds with 0-0 Draw in Miami