Sanchez: Response Has Been Extremely Positive
On Monday, Louisville City FC and NWSL Louisville announced the formation of new Youth Academies starting in the summer of 2020. The new Youth Academy programs will start with athletes U-8 through U-19 in open tryouts later this spring.
Louisville City Academy Director Mario Sanchez said the early response to Monday's announcement has been tremendous.
"It's been extremely positive," Sanchez said. "People are excited about the opportunities that local kids will have to pursue their dreams on both the boys' and girls' sides."
Now that the Youth Academies have been announced, Sanchez and Louisville City's Executive Vice President of Development James O'Connor are working on the next phase of the academy roll-out plan.
"Our next step will be to announce our full-time coaching staff in the near future," Sanchez said. "And then we'll be announcing our upcoming tryout dates after that."
Sanchez said he's heard from many members of the local soccer community since the announcement. Sanchez noted that he has four children, two boys and two girls, and to be able to have Youth Academies for both genders was a key for Soccer Holdings from the beginning.
"We have heard from a lot of people saying 'Congratulations,'" Sanchez said. "The soccer community understands how exciting this is for our local kids. It is good to show people how important the NWSL is for our local young women and women's sports in general. To be on the forefront of women's soccer in this country is exciting for the city of Louisville."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 12, 2020
- Statement from San Antonio FC Managing Director Tim Holt - San Antonio FC
- Orange County SC Statement on USL Championship Temporary Suspension of Play - Orange County SC
- Updates to the 2020 FC Tulsa Season - FC Tulsa
- SD Loyal Postpones All Match Play for a Minimum of 30 Days Following USL Championship Decision to Suspend the 2020 Season - San Diego Loyal
- USL Suspends 2020 Season - Saint Louis FC
- United Soccer League Temporarily Suspends 2020 Season, Including New Mexico United Matches - New Mexico United
- Eastern Conference Preview: Part Three - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Indy Eleven
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Memphis 901 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Issues Update - El Paso Locomotive FC
- USL Games Postponed for 30 Days - Loudoun United FC
- North Carolina FC Issues Statement on USL Decision to Temporarily Suspend Season - North Carolina FC
- Statement from the Rio Grande Valley FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Birmingham Legion FC
- Riverhounds SC Season Suspended for Minimum of 30 Days - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Club Statement Issued Regarding USL Championship Announcement - Phoenix Rising FC
- Upcoming Republic FC Matches Postponed - Sacramento Republic FC
- Usl Suspends Match Play for Minimum of 30 Days - OKC Energy FC
- USL Suspends Play 30 Days - Louisville City FC
- USL Announces Minimum 30-Day Suspension of Competition - Reno 1868 FC
- Miami FC's Home Opener Scheduled for Friday Is Suspended - Miami FC
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - USL
- Hartford Athletic Signs Conor McGlynn - Hartford Athletic
- Tickets Sales for Louisville City's April 7 Open Cup Match Suspended - Louisville City FC
- United Soccer League Teams Prioritize Recovery with NormaTec - USL
- Hartford Athletic Signs Connecticut Native Alfonso Vazquez - Hartford Athletic
- Sanchez: Response Has Been Extremely Positive - Louisville City FC
- Tacoma Defiance Drops 2-1 Decision to San Diego Loyal SC - Tacoma Defiance
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.