United Soccer League Teams Prioritize Recovery with NormaTec
March 12, 2020 - United Soccer League Championship (USL) News Release
Through the United Soccer League's partnership with NormaTec, leading teams in the USL Championship have gained enhanced access to the benefits of world-class recovery technology. In addition to adding NormaTec's PULSE 2.0 Series athlete recovery systems to training protocols and traveling with the systems for top-notch recovery benefits on-the-road, some teams, including San Diego Loyal SC and New Mexico United, are creating dedicated Recovery Rooms for players.
SD Loyal's recovery room was built in preparation for its inaugural season - which kicked off this past weekend in front of a sellout crowd of 6,100 at Torero Stadium. The recovery room is operated in conjunction with the Olympus Movement Performance Center.
"NormaTec has been one of the best additions to our San Diego Loyal Team, from both a recovery and rehab standpoint," said Dr. Annemarie Alf, PT, DPT, CSCS and Medical and Performance Director at San Diego Loyal SC. "Our NormaTec Recovery Lounge allows for the best environment for our players to recover from training. We are so excited to be able to implement this phenomenal product into our team this year!"
The United Soccer League partnered with NormaTec in 2019 as part of a commitment to the recovery and performance of its athletes, from those in the Championship and League One that compete at the senior international level as well as for their professional clubs to those in USL League Two, USL Academy and the Super Y League looking to one day earn their chance in the professional ranks. Through the partnership, NormaTec was among the first high-performance products to be available in the USL Locker Room, a branch of the USL Preferred Supplier Program serving all the league's properties.
Implementing a recovery room is part of a larger movement within professional athletics to prioritize recovery as part of a comprehensive training regimen in order to optimize player performance. NormaTec serves as a primary source of recovery to elite athletes and sports medicine professionals around the globe, and is now relied on by over 97 percent of professional teams in the U.S.
"The USL is one of the fastest growing soccer organizations in the world, and we are proud to partner with them," said Gilad Jacobs, former CEO of NormaTec who was recently appointed the Chief Innovation Officer of parent company Hyperice. "We are thrilled to see teams like SD Loyal join the ranks of other top professional teams with such a sophisticated recovery program right out of the gate. We look forward to big things from them and the entire league this year."
NormaTec's cutting-edge compression technology is used to maximize performance for players in USL's professional and pre-professional divisions. The patented technology was created by a physician bioengineer to enhance circulation and speed recovery using compressed air to massage limbs, mobilize fluid, and reduce pain and soreness.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 12, 2020
- Statement from San Antonio FC Managing Director Tim Holt - San Antonio FC
- Orange County SC Statement on USL Championship Temporary Suspension of Play - Orange County SC
- Updates to the 2020 FC Tulsa Season - FC Tulsa
- SD Loyal Postpones All Match Play for a Minimum of 30 Days Following USL Championship Decision to Suspend the 2020 Season - San Diego Loyal
- USL Suspends 2020 Season - Saint Louis FC
- United Soccer League Temporarily Suspends 2020 Season, Including New Mexico United Matches - New Mexico United
- Eastern Conference Preview: Part Three - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Indy Eleven
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Memphis 901 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Issues Update - El Paso Locomotive FC
- USL Games Postponed for 30 Days - Loudoun United FC
- North Carolina FC Issues Statement on USL Decision to Temporarily Suspend Season - North Carolina FC
- Statement from the Rio Grande Valley FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Birmingham Legion FC
- Riverhounds SC Season Suspended for Minimum of 30 Days - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Club Statement Issued Regarding USL Championship Announcement - Phoenix Rising FC
- Upcoming Republic FC Matches Postponed - Sacramento Republic FC
- Usl Suspends Match Play for Minimum of 30 Days - OKC Energy FC
- USL Suspends Play 30 Days - Louisville City FC
- USL Announces Minimum 30-Day Suspension of Competition - Reno 1868 FC
- Miami FC's Home Opener Scheduled for Friday Is Suspended - Miami FC
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - USL
- Hartford Athletic Signs Conor McGlynn - Hartford Athletic
- Tickets Sales for Louisville City's April 7 Open Cup Match Suspended - Louisville City FC
- United Soccer League Teams Prioritize Recovery with NormaTec - USL
- Hartford Athletic Signs Connecticut Native Alfonso Vazquez - Hartford Athletic
- Sanchez: Response Has Been Extremely Positive - Louisville City FC
- Tacoma Defiance Drops 2-1 Decision to San Diego Loyal SC - Tacoma Defiance
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.