Usl Suspends Match Play for Minimum of 30 Days
OKLAHOMA CITY - The United Soccer League announced today the decision to suspend the 2020 season for a minimum of 30 days.
"It was very clear from our owners that the health and safety of players, fans and staff was their top priority," said USL CEO Alec Papadakis. "In consultation with local, state and national health authorities, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Department of Homeland Security, we have temporarily suspended match play for a minimum of 30 days."
When appropriate, the league will provide additional updates on the continuation of the 2020 Championship season and very much appreciates the continued support of USL Championship fans across the country.
More information, including ticket policies, about Energy FC's affected matches will be announced in the very near future. Any home matches that occur while play is suspended will be rescheduled for a later date.
Additional information on COVID-19, including health tips, news updates and other resources, is available via the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
For ongoing updates, please stay up-to-date by following the club's social media accounts at @EnergyFC or at energyfc.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 12, 2020
- Statement from San Antonio FC Managing Director Tim Holt - San Antonio FC
- Orange County SC Statement on USL Championship Temporary Suspension of Play - Orange County SC
- Updates to the 2020 FC Tulsa Season - FC Tulsa
- SD Loyal Postpones All Match Play for a Minimum of 30 Days Following USL Championship Decision to Suspend the 2020 Season - San Diego Loyal
- USL Suspends 2020 Season - Saint Louis FC
- United Soccer League Temporarily Suspends 2020 Season, Including New Mexico United Matches - New Mexico United
- Eastern Conference Preview: Part Three - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Indy Eleven
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Memphis 901 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Issues Update - El Paso Locomotive FC
- USL Games Postponed for 30 Days - Loudoun United FC
- North Carolina FC Issues Statement on USL Decision to Temporarily Suspend Season - North Carolina FC
- Statement from the Rio Grande Valley FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Birmingham Legion FC
- Riverhounds SC Season Suspended for Minimum of 30 Days - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Club Statement Issued Regarding USL Championship Announcement - Phoenix Rising FC
- Upcoming Republic FC Matches Postponed - Sacramento Republic FC
- Usl Suspends Match Play for Minimum of 30 Days - OKC Energy FC
- USL Suspends Play 30 Days - Louisville City FC
- USL Announces Minimum 30-Day Suspension of Competition - Reno 1868 FC
- Miami FC's Home Opener Scheduled for Friday Is Suspended - Miami FC
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - USL
- Hartford Athletic Signs Conor McGlynn - Hartford Athletic
- Tickets Sales for Louisville City's April 7 Open Cup Match Suspended - Louisville City FC
- United Soccer League Teams Prioritize Recovery with NormaTec - USL
- Hartford Athletic Signs Connecticut Native Alfonso Vazquez - Hartford Athletic
- Sanchez: Response Has Been Extremely Positive - Louisville City FC
- Tacoma Defiance Drops 2-1 Decision to San Diego Loyal SC - Tacoma Defiance
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.