SD Loyal Postpones All Match Play for a Minimum of 30 Days Following USL Championship Decision to Suspend the 2020 Season
San Diego, CA - San Diego Loyal Soccer Club (SD Loyal) announced today that the club will suspend all match play for a 30 days, following USL Championship's announcement to suspend the 2020 season for a minimum of 30 days. This will include the international friendly match versus the Xolos de Tijuana on March 28.
"We fully support the USL's decision to suspend play for the safety of our players, staff and community," said Warren Smith, SD Loyal President. "In keeping with that decision, the club is suspending all SD Loyal match play, including friendlies, for the next 30 days. We are committed to doing everything possible to reschedule these matches so that San Diego can see their club play. We appreciate the support and understanding of our fans during this time."
SD Loyal's match versus Rio Grande Valley FC that was set for March 14 has been rescheduled for July 29. The club will announce additional rescheduled matches and provide further information as it becomes available on a match-by-match basis. Season Ticket Members and single match buyers tickets will be honored for future dates.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 12, 2020
- Statement from San Antonio FC Managing Director Tim Holt - San Antonio FC
- Orange County SC Statement on USL Championship Temporary Suspension of Play - Orange County SC
- Updates to the 2020 FC Tulsa Season - FC Tulsa
- SD Loyal Postpones All Match Play for a Minimum of 30 Days Following USL Championship Decision to Suspend the 2020 Season - San Diego Loyal
- USL Suspends 2020 Season - Saint Louis FC
- United Soccer League Temporarily Suspends 2020 Season, Including New Mexico United Matches - New Mexico United
- Eastern Conference Preview: Part Three - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Indy Eleven
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Memphis 901 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Issues Update - El Paso Locomotive FC
- USL Games Postponed for 30 Days - Loudoun United FC
- North Carolina FC Issues Statement on USL Decision to Temporarily Suspend Season - North Carolina FC
- Statement from the Rio Grande Valley FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - Birmingham Legion FC
- Riverhounds SC Season Suspended for Minimum of 30 Days - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Club Statement Issued Regarding USL Championship Announcement - Phoenix Rising FC
- Upcoming Republic FC Matches Postponed - Sacramento Republic FC
- Usl Suspends Match Play for Minimum of 30 Days - OKC Energy FC
- USL Suspends Play 30 Days - Louisville City FC
- USL Announces Minimum 30-Day Suspension of Competition - Reno 1868 FC
- Miami FC's Home Opener Scheduled for Friday Is Suspended - Miami FC
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play - USL
- Hartford Athletic Signs Conor McGlynn - Hartford Athletic
- Tickets Sales for Louisville City's April 7 Open Cup Match Suspended - Louisville City FC
- United Soccer League Teams Prioritize Recovery with NormaTec - USL
- Hartford Athletic Signs Connecticut Native Alfonso Vazquez - Hartford Athletic
- Sanchez: Response Has Been Extremely Positive - Louisville City FC
- Tacoma Defiance Drops 2-1 Decision to San Diego Loyal SC - Tacoma Defiance
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Loyal Stories
- SD Loyal Announces Roster Updates Prior to First Match in Return-To-Play Season
- SD Loyal Unveils New 'Black Lives Matter' Jerseys
- SD Loyal Raises $75K for Rady Children's Hospital, Doubled by the Conrad Prebys Foundation COVID-19 Response Challenge
- SD Loyal to Raise Money for Rady Children's as Part of the Conrad Prebys Foundation COVID-19 Response Challenge
- SD Loyal to Compete in First-Ever USL eCup: Rocket League Edition Tournament