River Cats hit four solo home runs in win
Sacramento Calif. - Jeff Baisley went 3-for-3 with two home runs and three RBIs to lead the Sacramento River Cats to a 7-3 win over the Portland Beavers Friday night at Raley Field.
Steve Tolleson and Eric Sogard each slugged home runs of their own as the River Cats (49-40) tallied 10 hits in the team's sixth straight win.
Luis Durango recorded his team-leading eighth three-hit game of the season while Josh Barfield finished with two hits and one RBI for the Beavers (33-55).
River Cats starter Travis Banwart (2-1) gave up three runs on eight hits while striking out seven in 6 1/3 innings.
Radhames Liz (5-5) pitched seven innings, giving up four runs on five hits with eight strikeouts in his longest outing of the season.
Durango got the Beavers off to a quick start when he scored on an RBI groundout by Kyle Phillips to give the Beavers a 1-0 lead in the first inning.
Sacramento jumped ahead 2-1 after a two-run third inning, highlighted by a home run by Sogard.
Craig Cooper and Barfield each tallied RBI hits in the top of the fourth inning as the Beavers responded with two runs to take a 3-2 lead.
Baisley hit a solo home run in the fourth inning to tie the game and then hit a sixth inning blast to give the River Cats a 4-3 lead.
Tolleson hit a solo home run as part of a three-run eighth inning for the River Cats.
The Beavers and River Cats will meet again Saturday at 7:05 p.m. (Pacific) for the third game of a four-game series at Raley Field.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 10, 2010
- Aces Drop Two to Sky Sox, 7-6 and 12-7 - Reno Aces
- Cubs Double Up Zephyrs, 4-2 - Iowa Cubs
- Van Hekken Leads Express Past Oklahoma City, 3-2 - Round Rock Express
- Narron Pitches Sounds by 'Birds - Memphis Redbirds
- Narron, Sounds Shut Down Redbirds, 5-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Seddon Selected to Triple-A All-Star Team - Tacoma Rainiers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds sweep doubleheader - Memphis Redbirds
- Fresno Rallies Past Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Complete Doubleheader Sweep Of Redbirds - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats hit four solo home runs in win - Portland Beavers
- Sky Sox Prevail in Nail Biter Over Reno, 9-7 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Aces lose series opener to Sky Sox - Reno Aces
- Express Drop Second Straight To Oklahoma City 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Z's and Cubs split double dip - New Orleans Baby Cakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss