Rio Grande Valley Vipers Acquire Center Diamond Stone
EDINBURG, Texas - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers, NBA G League Affiliate of the Houston Rockets, announced the acquisition of center Diamond Stone. The Vipers waived Stanford Robinson to create a roster spot to accommodate Stone.
Stone (6-11, 255) was selected 40th overall in the 2016 NBA Draft by the New Orleans Pelicans. He was later traded to the Los Angeles Clippers on draft night. Stone spent time with the Santa Cruz Warriors and the Salt Lake City Stars during the 2016 season.
During the 2017-18 season Stone was a member of the Windy City Bulls but was later traded to the Salt Lake City Stars in exchange for Henry Sims' rights and third round 2018 pick. At Salt Lake, Stone averaged 16.9 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 25.6 minutes of action.
Prior to the 2018-19 season, Stone competed in the 2018 NBA Summer League with the Utah Jazz. The Iowa Wolves then acquired the rights to Stone from the Salt Lake City Stars in exchange for returning player Wes Washburn and a 2019 NBA G League third-round draft pick. While with the Iowa Wolves Stone averaged 9.8 points and 16.1 minutes. He averaged 4.6 rebounds and shot 51.9% from the field.
Robinson (6-4, 193) played a total of 11 games with RGV averaging 1.6 points and 1.6 rebounds in 7.4 minutes of action.
The Vipers return to action at home with a back to back on Friday, January 11 versus Westchester Knicks. On Saturday, January 12, the Vipers will take on Santa Cruz Warriors Tipoff will be at 7 p.m. for both games. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-56-ARENA or visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2019
- Baldwin Posts Back-To-Back 24-Point Performances - Texas Legends
- Windy City Bulls to Host Deaf Awareness Night this Saturday, January 12 - Windy City Bulls
- Memphis Hustle to Host 'Dog Days of Winter' on Saturday, January 12 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Legends Acquire Xavier Rathan-Mayes - Texas Legends
- Westchester Trades Xavier Rathan-Mayes to Texas for Jameel Warney - Westchester Knicks
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Nnanna Egwu - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Acquire Dakarai Allen - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Coats Down Raptors 905 Behind Milton's Big Day - Delaware Blue Coats
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Acquire Center Diamond Stone - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Austin Spurs Acquire Maverick Rowan - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.