Baldwin Posts Back-To-Back 24-Point Performances
FRISCO, TX - Wade Baldwin IV played his second game with the Texas Legends (8-17) and posted his second straight 24-point performance. The double-digit dance came up short as the Capital City Go-Go's (12-9) Jordan McRae finished with 43 to give the home team the boost they needed to best Texas 114-105.
McRae set the tone early, grabbing the first points for Capital City to jumpstart a 10-0 streak. The Legends answered the double-digit deficit immediately with a nine-point run of their own, but the home team would hold their advantage through the quarter. The tables turned in the second as Texas grabbed the opening basket and controlled the pace. Going up by as many as eight, the visitors held the edge 58-55 at the break.
Texas stayed on top until midway through the third when a pair of free throws from Capital City's newest addition, Duje Dukan, put the Go-Go back in the lead. After a quick back-and-forth, McRae knocked down the first in his pair of threes to give Capital City the go ahead. Texas repeatedly chipped the lead down to one but were unable to close in.
Baldwin IV finished with 7 rebounds to add to his team-high points while Ray Spalding neared a double-double at 16 points, 9 rebounds. Daryl Macon added 14 points, 6 assists and CJ Leslie tallied 10 points, 5 rebounds to wrap up Texas' double-digit scoring. Capital City found their edge outside hitting 41% to Texas' 29% and finished at 47% overall to Texas' 41%. The Legends took to the boards, grabbing 51 with a combined 18 board effort from Spalding and Caleb Swanigan over the Go-Go's 49. Isaiah Armwood led the grabs for Capital City with 15 while adding 15 points, 3 blocks. McRae finished with 9 rebounds and 5 assists to tag onto his game-leading scoring.
Texas will head to Lakeland next to face the Magic Friday at 6pm CT. Fans can catch all the action live on TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2019
- Baldwin Posts Back-To-Back 24-Point Performances - Texas Legends
- Windy City Bulls to Host Deaf Awareness Night this Saturday, January 12 - Windy City Bulls
- Memphis Hustle to Host 'Dog Days of Winter' on Saturday, January 12 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Legends Acquire Xavier Rathan-Mayes - Texas Legends
- Westchester Trades Xavier Rathan-Mayes to Texas for Jameel Warney - Westchester Knicks
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Nnanna Egwu - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Acquire Dakarai Allen - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Coats Down Raptors 905 Behind Milton's Big Day - Delaware Blue Coats
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Acquire Center Diamond Stone - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Austin Spurs Acquire Maverick Rowan - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.