Drive Acquire Dakarai Allen
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Drive, the official NBA G League Affiliate of the Detroit Pistons, announced today that the team has acquired Dakarai Allen from the Agua Caliente Clippers in exchange for the returning player rights to Nnanna Egwu.
The 6-foot-5, 195-pound guard went undrafted in the 2017 NBA Draft and has since played for both the Salt Lake City Stars (2017-18) and the Agua Caliente Clippers (2017-18, 2018-19), building an NBA G League career of 57 contests with 23 starts. During these two seasons in the G League, Allen has averaged 5.7 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.0 steals. The California native had a four-year collegiate career with San Diego State, appearing in 134 games (51 starts) and averaged 5.0 points and 2.5 rebounds per game. Allen earned the 2017 Coaches Mountain West Defensive Player of the Year and was named to the 2017 Coaches Mountain West All-Defensive Team.
Today's trade is contingent on Allen passing a physical. The Drive are back at DeltaPlex Arena this Thursday, Jan. 10th when the team hosts the Northern Arizona Suns at 7pm.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2019
- Baldwin Posts Back-To-Back 24-Point Performances - Texas Legends
- Windy City Bulls to Host Deaf Awareness Night this Saturday, January 12 - Windy City Bulls
- Memphis Hustle to Host 'Dog Days of Winter' on Saturday, January 12 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Legends Acquire Xavier Rathan-Mayes - Texas Legends
- Westchester Trades Xavier Rathan-Mayes to Texas for Jameel Warney - Westchester Knicks
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Nnanna Egwu - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Acquire Dakarai Allen - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Coats Down Raptors 905 Behind Milton's Big Day - Delaware Blue Coats
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Acquire Center Diamond Stone - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Austin Spurs Acquire Maverick Rowan - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.