Riley Niven Signs with Warriors
The Moose Jaw Warriors have announced that 17-year-old forward Riley Niven has committed to the Warriors & the WHL with the signing of a Standard Player Agreement.
"Riley brings skill and character, his best attribute is skating with lots of speed," commented Assistant General Manager Jason Ripplinger.Â "He plays a 200ft game and is a player who will take pucks into the dirty areas."
Niven is from Wawota, Saskatchewan and started this season playing with the Moose Jaw Under-18 Warriors, in six games he had two goals, six assists, and eight points.
He spent last season at the Rink Hockey Academy in Winnipeg (CSSHL U18) and had 23 goals, 31 assists, and 54 points in 36 games.
Niven will be with the Warriors when the puck drops at the East Division HUB in Regina starting March 12.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 23, 2021
- Rockets Waive Kindree - Kelowna Rockets
- Prospect Profile: Daylan Weigel - Swift Current Broncos
- Sadhra-Kang Inks with Hurricanes - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Silvertips Sign 2001-Born Defenseman Zachary Ashton to WHL Standard Player Agreement - Everett Silvertips
- Royals' Adam Evanoff Joins the AHL's Stockton Heat - Victoria Royals
- Riley Niven Signs with Warriors - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Blazers Acquire Forward Peyton McKenzie from Warriors - Kamloops Blazers
- Raiders Name Leadership Group for 2021 Season - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.