Blazers Acquire Forward Peyton McKenzie from Warriors
Kamloops, BC - The Kamloops Blazers have acquired 18-year-old forward Peyton McKenzie from the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange for a sixth round WHL Bantam Draft pick in 2021.
McKenzie was originally selected by the Warriors in the third round of the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft.
The Sherwood Park, AB native has played 24 games with the Warriors over the past two seasons and has two assists. He also played in 12 games with the Drumheller Dragons of the Alberta Junior Hockey League during the 2019-20 season and had nine points in 12 games.
"We are excited to add Peyton to our organization," commented General Manager, Matt Bardsley. "He brings real good energy along with a skill set and hockey sense that we look for in a Blazer. He also can play at a pace that we want to play at and believe he will be a good fit to our group."
McKenzie will join the Blazers for the upcoming season 2020-21 season.
Images from this story
Forward Peyton McKenzie with the Moose Jaw Warriors
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 23, 2021
- Rockets Waive Kindree - Kelowna Rockets
- Prospect Profile: Daylan Weigel - Swift Current Broncos
- Sadhra-Kang Inks with Hurricanes - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Silvertips Sign 2001-Born Defenseman Zachary Ashton to WHL Standard Player Agreement - Everett Silvertips
- Royals' Adam Evanoff Joins the AHL's Stockton Heat - Victoria Royals
- Riley Niven Signs with Warriors - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Blazers Acquire Forward Peyton McKenzie from Warriors - Kamloops Blazers
- Raiders Name Leadership Group for 2021 Season - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.