Republic FC's Cameron Iwasa Named to USL Championship Team of the Week
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento Republic FC forward Cameron Iwasa has been named to the USL Championship Team of the Week. The Sacramento native was instrumental in Republic FC's 3-0 win over New Mexico United on Saturday night, scoring the opening and closing goals against the Western Conference leaders.
Iwasa's Team of the Week (TOTW) selection is his second of the season following his Player of the Week award in Week 3. It's also the fourth TOTW selection awarded to a Republic FC player this season; midfielders Sam Werner and Jaime Villarreal have also received the honors.
Iwasa, 25, is in his fourth season with Republic FC after first joining the team in 2015. The Jesuit High graduate currently holds the club's all-time record for most goals scored both in league play and across all competitions, a record he broke during the 2018 season.
Republic FC resume league play on Saturday, June 22, as the club host Tulsa Roughnecks FC at Papa Murphy's Park in Cal Expo. Kickoff is at 8 p.m.
About Sacramento Republic FC
Sacramento Republic FC is a record-breaking USL Championship franchise and the 2014 USL Cup champion. Through an unrivaled level of support from its fans and community, the club is leading a movement to secure MLS rights and build a soccer-specific stadium in Downtown Sacramento. Launched during Sac Soccer Day in 2013, Republic FC exists to make the Sacramento region into the most inspiring, energetic and rewarding place to live, work and play through the beautiful game. For more information, visit SacRepublicFC.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 12, 2019
- New Mexico's Lesesne Voted Championship's Coach of the Month - New Mexico United
- Hartford Athletic Adds Danny Barrera - Hartford Athletic
- Powerful Orlando City SC Edges Memphis 901 FC Wednesday in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Memphis 901 FC
- Fury FC to Face Halifax in Canadian Championship Qualifying Round 3 - Ottawa Fury FC
- North Carolina FC Exits Open Cup with Loss at New York City FC - North Carolina FC
- Training Report: Nashville SC's Strong Team Bond Helps Create Strong Road Form - Nashville SC
- Republic FC's Cameron Iwasa Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Sacramento Republic FC
- Independence Goalkeeper Brandon Miller Earns Team of the Week Honors - Charlotte Independence
- Nashville SC Jumps to Third in USL Power Rankings Following Win - Nashville SC
- Eric Wynalda Unveils New "It" Summer Refreshment Drink -- $5 "Waldo's" Featuring Jarritos & Tequila - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Sounders FC Signs Six Tacoma Defiance Players to Short-Term Agreements - Tacoma Defiance
- New Mexico's Lesesne Voted Championship's Coach of the Month - USL
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 15 - USL
- Austin Bold FC Receives Francis Atuahene and Ema Twumasi on Loan from Dallas - Austin Bold FC
- Charlotte Independence Part Ways with Head Coach - Charlotte Independence
- Republic FC's run in the U.S. Open Cup comes to an end after a valiant effort in San Jose - Sacramento Republic FC
- LouCity Excited to Challenge Old Rival - Louisville City FC
- STLFC Wins 2-1 over Chicago Fire to Advance in U.S. Open Cup - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- City Council Unanimously Approves Term Sheet Accelerating Railyards Infrastructure Development
- Republic FC Parts Ways with Coaches Simon Elliott and Benjamin Ziemer Following 2019 Season
- Republic FC Falls to El Paso in the Western Conference Semifinals
- Republic FC Marches on to Western Conference Semis After Downing Reno
- Republic FC Book Place in Quarterfinals Following 2-1 Win over New Mexico