Austin Bold FC Receives Francis Atuahene and Ema Twumasi on Loan from Dallas
AUSTIN, TX - Austin Bold FC has received forwards Francis Atuahene and Ema Twumasi on loan from Major League Soccer team FC Dallas. Atuahene is eligible to be recalled by FC Dallas at any point this season.
Atuahene, 23, was selected fourth overall in 2018 MLS SuperDraft. He made his MLS debut this season on Saturday, June 8 against the San Jose Earthquakes and scored his first MLS goal 42 seconds after being subbed in. He spent the 2018 season on loan with OKC Energy FC where he scored four goals in eight appearances. During his time at the University of Michigan, Atuahene played 49 matches over three seasons scoring 24 goals and tallying 11 assists.
Twumasi, 22, spent two seasons at Wake Forest University before being drafted 11th overall by FC Dallas in the 2018 SuperDraft. He has three appearances for FC Dallas and was on loan with Energy FC for the 2018 season where he appeared in six matches.
Both players were part of the Right to Dream Academy based in Atimpoku, Ghana that creates opportunities for African youth players to focus on teamwork, community service and academics through the soccer.
"Ultimately our goal is to help the team win, get game minutes, and build our game fitness. At the end of the day we just want to help the team win. The team has their own goals and we don't put ourselves above them. We want to slide in and help the team achieve their goals. The Bold wants to win and we want to the same," said Twuamsi.
Transaction: FC Dallas loans Francis Atuahene and Ema Twumasi to Austin Bold FC.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 12, 2019
- New Mexico's Lesesne Voted Championship's Coach of the Month - New Mexico United
- Hartford Athletic Adds Danny Barrera - Hartford Athletic
- Powerful Orlando City SC Edges Memphis 901 FC Wednesday in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Memphis 901 FC
- Fury FC to Face Halifax in Canadian Championship Qualifying Round 3 - Ottawa Fury FC
- North Carolina FC Exits Open Cup with Loss at New York City FC - North Carolina FC
- Training Report: Nashville SC's Strong Team Bond Helps Create Strong Road Form - Nashville SC
- Republic FC's Cameron Iwasa Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Sacramento Republic FC
- Independence Goalkeeper Brandon Miller Earns Team of the Week Honors - Charlotte Independence
- Nashville SC Jumps to Third in USL Power Rankings Following Win - Nashville SC
- Eric Wynalda Unveils New "It" Summer Refreshment Drink -- $5 "Waldo's" Featuring Jarritos & Tequila - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Sounders FC Signs Six Tacoma Defiance Players to Short-Term Agreements - Tacoma Defiance
- New Mexico's Lesesne Voted Championship's Coach of the Month - USL
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 15 - USL
- Austin Bold FC Receives Francis Atuahene and Ema Twumasi on Loan from Dallas - Austin Bold FC
- Charlotte Independence Part Ways with Head Coach - Charlotte Independence
- Republic FC's run in the U.S. Open Cup comes to an end after a valiant effort in San Jose - Sacramento Republic FC
- LouCity Excited to Challenge Old Rival - Louisville City FC
- STLFC Wins 2-1 over Chicago Fire to Advance in U.S. Open Cup - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bold FC Stories
- Austin Bold FC Hosts "Fan Appreciation Night" September 22
- Austin Bold Hosts First Responders Night 9/11
- Austin Bold Claims Copa Tejas Title at Home in Win over RGV FC
- Austin Bold Adds Midfielder George Acosta to Roster
- Austin Bold FC Receives Defender Gustavo Rissi