Renegades Power Past 'Cats 13-3
FISHKILL, NY - The Hudson Valley Renegades displayed their offensive firepower on Saturday night, scoring 13 runs en route to a 13-3 victory over the 'Cats at Dutchess Stadium.
The ValleyCats did deliver the first blow in the ballgame, scoring three runs in the first on an RBI double by C.J. Stubbs, followed by a solo homer off the bat of catcher Nathan Perry.
Joe Perez chipped in with two hits for the 'Cats, while both Korey Lee and Luis Guerrero had base knocks, but the 'Cats couldn't muster together any more runs.
The Renegades scored 11 of their 13 runs off of Tri-City pitcher Edgardo Sandoval (0-3), who was tagged with the loss.
Tri-City now heads to Connecticut for a three game set with the Tigers before returning to the friendly confines of Joseph L. Bruno Stadium on Wednesday for three games with the Aberdeen IronBirds.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 10, 2019
- West Virginia Falls in Series Finale - West Virginia Black Bears
- Spikes Welcome Season's Largest Crowd, Drop 3-2 Nailbiter in Extras to Batavia - State College Spikes
- Torrid Torres Knocks in Three in 5-1 Win at West Virginia - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Renegades Power Past 'Cats 13-3 - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Rutschman Walks off Win to End Losing Streak - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Tigers Win Final Contest at Brooklyn - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Gades Sweep Away Cats - Hudson Valley Renegades
- 'Clones Tamed by Tigers 5-2 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Lake Monsters Drop Series Finale 10-3 At Lowell - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Doubledays Can't Overcome Early 7-Run Inning from Scrappers - Auburn Doubledays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.