Rutschman Walks off Win to End Losing Streak
Aberdeen, M.D. (August 10th, 2019) - Aberdeen needed a big win on Saturday
W: Kade Strowd
L: Justin Wilson
2nd inning: With Aberdeen up 1-0 already, Staten Island took the lead. It cam on back to back singles, and then RBIs for Nelson Alvarez and Matt Pita
5th Inning: Another lead change came on the IronBirds two run frame. They loaded the bases on two walks and a grounder in the infield. Clay Fisher and Shayne Fontana got the RBIs.
8th inning; Staten Island tied it with a triple by Luis Santos and then a sac fly RBI from Ezequiel Duran.
9th inning: In a tie game, the IronBirds got the inning started with a walk by Dalton Hoiles. He moved over on Clay Fisher's sacrifce bunt and a Shayne Fontana flyout. With Hoiles at third, Adley Rutschman smacked a single to left and won the game.
KEY IRONBIRDS CONTRIBUTIORS
Ryan Conroy: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
Kade Strowd: Win, 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
Adley Rutschman: 2-for-3, BB
NEWS AND NOTES
Aberdeen snapped an eight game losing streak in the win. It was the longest streak of any kind this season, but they took their second win in the month of August
Through 55 games, Aberdeen is 29-26, with a six game road trip ahead
This was the IronBirds third walkoff win of the season.
IronBirds at Vermont Lake Monsters, Sunday, 5:05 P.M.
Centennial Field - Burlington, V.T.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 10, 2019
- West Virginia Falls in Series Finale - West Virginia Black Bears
- Spikes Welcome Season's Largest Crowd, Drop 3-2 Nailbiter in Extras to Batavia - State College Spikes
- Torrid Torres Knocks in Three in 5-1 Win at West Virginia - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Renegades Power Past 'Cats 13-3 - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Rutschman Walks off Win to End Losing Streak - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Tigers Win Final Contest at Brooklyn - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Gades Sweep Away Cats - Hudson Valley Renegades
- 'Clones Tamed by Tigers 5-2 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Lake Monsters Drop Series Finale 10-3 At Lowell - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Doubledays Can't Overcome Early 7-Run Inning from Scrappers - Auburn Doubledays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Aberdeen IronBirds Stories
- Aberdeen IronBirds to Host Fans for Crabs and a Game of Catch
- MLB and MiLB 2020 Season Decision
- IronBirds and Local Sponsors to Hold Fireworks Show for the 4th of July
- Liz Pardo Appointed as Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for the 'Birds
- Aberdeen Walks off Series Finale with Brooklyn