Remaining matches of FC Cincinnati's regular season schedule unveiled
CINCINNATI - Major League Soccer today announced the remainder of the 2020 MLS regular season schedule.
Following the next two matches, which were previously announced, FC Cincinnati have learned their final nine opponents to close out the regular season. For the remainder of the regular season, the Orange and Blue will play eight matches against Eastern Conference opponents, as well as three matches against Western Conference foes.
FC Cincinnati are set to play five consecutive matches at Nippert Stadium in a 17-day span from Oct. 11 through Oct. 28. The home of FC Cincinnati matches dating back to the club's inaugural USL season in 2016, Nippert Stadium will host its final MLS regular season match when FC Cincinnati take on Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday, Oct. 28.
Additional information regarding the potential to host fans in the final five regular season home matches will be announced in the near future.
All FC Cincinnati matches not televised nationally will be carried regionally on WSTR Star 64 and on the radio on WDJO. Matches not televised nationally will be streamed at fccincinnati.com/stream throughout the club's designated regional broadcast territory.
The Audi MLS Cup Playoffs will again consist of single-elimination matches hosted by the higher-seeded team and follow a straight bracket format through MLS Cup on Dec.12.
As previously announced, in an expansion of the postseason for 2020, 18 clubs will compete in the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs. Eight teams from the 12-team Western Conference will qualify directly to Round 1. The top six seeds from the 14-team Eastern Conference will qualify directly to Round 1. Eastern Conference seeds 7-10 will each compete in a play-in match (No. 7 vs. No. 10, and No. 8 vs. No. 9) to determine the two additional Eastern Conference teams that will qualify for the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round 1.
The lower-seeded advancing team will face the Eastern Conference No. 1 seed in Round 1, while the higher-seeded advancing team will face the Eastern Conference No. 2 seed.
The Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs schedule and broadcast details will be announced at a later date.
The Schedule Make-Up
FC Cincinnati will be back at Nippert Stadium tomorrow evening for their final home match of September against the Philadelphia Union. FCC will look to earn their first-ever win against the Union after dropping both matches in the club's inaugural MLS campaign.
Following the match on Wednesday, the Orange and Blue will play three consecutive road contests - at New York City FC, at Minnesota United FC and at the Philadelphia Union. The match against NYCFC will be a rematch from the clubs' original meeting at Red Bull Arena on Sept. 12. FCC will play their first Western Conference opponent of the season when they play Minnesota United FC on Saturday, Oct. 3. The Orange and Blue will conclude the three-match road trip with their second match against Philadelphia in two weeks.
FC Cincinnati will then play five consecutive matches at Nippert Stadium in a span of 17 days to conclude the home portion of the schedule. FCC will play their only regular season match against Toronto FC on Sunday, Oct. 11. Following that contest, the Orange and Blue will face three consecutive repeat opponents - Columbus Crew SC on Wednesday, Oct. 14, D.C. United on Sunday, Oct. 18, and Minnesota United FC on Saturday, Oct. 24.
FCC will conclude their final regular season at Nippert Stadium with an interconference mid-week match against Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday, Oct. 28.
The Orange and Blue will head south for the final two matches of the 2020 MLS regular season. First, FCC will play Atlanta United FC for a third time this season - and for a second time at Mercedes-Benz Stadium - on Sunday, Nov. 1. Finally, FC Cincinnati will wrap up their regular season schedule on MLS Decision Day 2020 presented by AT&T with their first-ever match against expansion side Inter Miami CF on Sunday, Nov. 8.
2020 FC Cincinnati Regular Season Schedule
Date Opponent Location Kickoff
Wednesday, Sept. 23 Philadelphia Union Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, Ohio) 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 26 at New York City FC Red Bull Arena (Harrison, N.J.) 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 3 at Minnesota United FC Allianz Field (St. Paul, Minn.) 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 7 at Philadelphia Union Subaru Park (Chester, Pa.) 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 11 Toronto FC Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, Ohio) 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 14 Columbus Crew SC Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, Ohio) 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 18 D.C. United Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, Ohio) 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 24 Minnesota United FC Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, Ohio) 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 28 Sporting Kansas City Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, Ohio) 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 1 at Atlanta United FC Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 7 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 8 at Inter Miami CF Inter Miami CF Stadium (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) 3:30 p.m.
FC Cincinnati will be back in action on Wednesday, Sept. 23, when they will play the Philadelphia Union at Nippert Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on WSTR 64, carried on the radio on WDJO (99.5 FM, 107.9 FM and 1480 AM), streamed regionally on fccincinnati.com/stream, out of market on ESPN+, while an audio stream will be available at TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
Information about seating options at the club's state-of-the-art West End Stadium - which will open in Spring 2021 - is now available at westendstadium.com. Season ticket deposits are now being accepted for traditional reserved seating and The Bailey. For more information about 2021 season memberships, visit westendstadium.com or the stadium's social properties on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram at @WestEndStadium, or by calling the team's sales and service staff at 513-977-5425.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 22, 2020
- LAFC to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- New York City FC Announces Remainder of Regular Season Schedule - New York City FC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Returns Home to Face D.C. United - Nashville SC
- Real Salt Lake Signs RSL Academy Product Bode Davis - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Head South for Mid-Week Matchup at Inter Miami - New York Red Bulls
- CEFCU Movie Night Series Returns to Earthquakes Stadium - San Jose Earthquakes
- Minnesota United FC vs. Columbus Crew Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Caps Home Spell Wednesday against LA Galaxy - Real Salt Lake
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Dallas - Atlanta United FC
- Toronto FC Announces Remaining MLS Regular Season Schedule - Toronto FC
- Colorado Rapids vs San Jose Earthquakes: MLS Preview: September 23, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Red Bull Arena to Continue to Host NYCFC, Montreal Matches - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC's Remainder of 2020 Major League Soccer Regular Season Schedule Revealed - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Announces Remainder of 2020 Regular-Season Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC and MLS Announce Remainder of 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Unveils Its Remaining Regular Season Matches in Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- Rapids Announce Remaining Regular Season Schedule, Featuring Four Home, Five Away Matches - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF Announces Remaining 2020 Season Schedule - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer Announces Remaining 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United and MLS Announce Remaining Regular Season Schedule - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Remaining 2020 MLS Regular Season Schedule Announced - LA Galaxy
- MLS Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Atlanta United FC
- Remaining matches of FC Cincinnati's regular season schedule unveiled - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- New York City FC Announces Remainder of Regular Season Schedule - New York City FC
- MLS Unveils Schedule for Remainder of the 2020 Season - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Announces Remaining 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Announce Remainder of 2020 MLS Regular-Season Schedule - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Announce Remaining 2020 MLS Regular Season Schedule - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes Announce Remainder of Regular Season Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Announce Schedule for Remainder of 2020 Regular Season - New England Revolution
- Orlando City SC Announces Final Nine Matches of MLS Regular-Season Schedule - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo Announce Remainder of 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Sporting KC Releases Remainder of 2020 Schedule - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Announces Nine Additional Regular Season Matches - FC Dallas
- MLS Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - MLS
- In Honor of National Voter Registration Day, Rapids Announce Partnership with 'I Am a Voter' and 'Rally the Vote' - Colorado Rapids
- Orlando City Travels to Sporting Kansas City for Midweek Match - Orlando City SC
- #ATLvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC Joins Professional Sports Team-Led Voter Registration Coalition "Rally the Vote" - Columbus Crew SC
- Storylines: City vs. Sporting KC - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Begin Two-Game Road Trip on Wednesday at Soldier Field - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Sporting to Host Orlando on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF to Host the New York Red Bulls on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Fort Lauderdale CF to Visit the Richmond Kickers - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Marcelino Moreno from Club Atletico Lanus - Atlanta United FC
- Zardes Scoring Speaks Loudly for Silently Spectacular Columbus: This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 19, 2020
- D.C. United Defeats FC Cincinnati 2-1
- Nick Hagglund's game-winning goal lifts the Orange and Blue over Columbus
- FC Cincinnati Sign Goalkeeper Beckham Sunderland as a Homegrown Player
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 12, 2020