Chicago Fire FC Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC and Major League Soccer today announced the Club's schedule and broadcast details for the remainder of the 2020 regular season.
Date Opponent Time Broadcast
Saturday, Oct. 3 at Montreal Impact (Red Bull Arena) 6:30 p.m. CT WGN-TV, ESPN+, 105.1 WOJO-HD2
Wednesday, Oct. 7 at Sporting Kansas City 7:30 p.m. CT ESPN+, 105.1 WOJO-HD2
Sunday, Oct. 11 D.C. United 6:30 p.m. CT WGN-TV, ESPN+, 105.1 WOJO-HD2
Wednesday, Oct. 14 at Minnesota United FC 7:00 p.m. CT WGN-TV, ESPN+, 105.1 WOJO-HD2
Saturday, Oct. 17 Sporting Kansas City 2:30 p.m. CT Univision, TUDN, @TUDNUSA (Twitter Live Stream), 105.1 WOJO-HD2
Saturday, Oct. 24 New York Red Bulls 6:30 p.m. CT WGN-TV, ESPN+, 105.1 WOJO-HD2
Wednesday, Oct. 28 at Philadelphia Union 6:30 p.m. CT WGN-TV, ESPN+, 105.1 WOJO-HD2
Saturday, Oct. 31 at Nashville SC 7:30 p.m. CT WGN-TV, ESPN+, 105.1 WOJO-HD2
Sunday, Nov. 8 New York City FC 2:30 p.m. CT WGN-TV, ESPN+, 105.1 WOJO-HD2
The regular season culminates with MLS Decision Day 2020 presented by AT&T on Sunday, Nov. 8. That match day will feature all 26 teams in action and could have major implications on the MLS Golden Boot presented by Audi, Supporters' Shield, and seedings for the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs. On Decision Day, the 14 Eastern Conference teams will kick off in seven simultaneous games at 2:30 p.m. CT before the 12 Western Conference teams kick off in six simultaneous games at 5:30 p.m. CT.
For Decision Day, flex scheduling allows broadcast partners to bring the most compelling matchups to national audiences. ABC and ESPN Deportes will broadcast a select Eastern Conference game at 2:30 p.m. CT, followed by FS1 and FOX Deportes airing a select Western Conference game at 5:30 p.m. CT.
In total, MLS has seven network broadcast windows across ABC, FOX, and Univision networks from Oct. 3 through Nov. 8. In addition, matches will air regionally through individual club broadcast partners and will be showcased nationally, out-of-market, on ESPN+ in the U.S.
MLS clubs will continue to adhere to comprehensive health and safety protocols, including regular testing of players, coaches and essential staff for COVID-19.
The three Canadian clubs will continue their seasons in accordance with travel protocols. Home games are slated for the Montreal Impact at Red Bull Arena (Harrison, N.J.), Toronto FC at Rentschler Field (East Hartford, Conn.), and Vancouver Whitecaps FC at Providence Park (Portland, Ore).
MLS Schedule Notes:
The Fire are set to face seven new opponents in the final stretch of the regular season - the Montreal Impact, Sporting Kansas City, D.C. United, Minnesota United FC, New York Red Bulls, Philadelphia Union and Nashville SC.
Chicago's nine-game schedule includes four matches at Soldier Field. The Club will face D.C. United (Oct. 11), Sporting Kansas City (Oct. 17), the New York Red Bulls (Oct. 24) and New York City FC (Nov. 8) on the lakefront.
On Wednesday, Oct. 7, WGN-TV will be airing the Vice Presidential Debate.
The Club's home match against Sporting Kansas City on Oct. 17 will be nationally televised on Univision, TUDN and @TUDN (Twitter Live Stream).
MLS Decision Day 2020 presented by AT&T, the final day of 2020 MLS Regular Season action, will take place on Sunday, Nov. 8.
Matches have been scheduled to minimize travel time, allowing visiting teams to arrive and depart on match day for the majority of games.
No team will play the same opponent more than four times across all phases of regular season competition (including regular season games in MLS markets, and MLS is Back Tournament Group Stage games).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 22, 2020
- LAFC to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- New York City FC Announces Remainder of Regular Season Schedule - New York City FC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Returns Home to Face D.C. United - Nashville SC
- Real Salt Lake Signs RSL Academy Product Bode Davis - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Head South for Mid-Week Matchup at Inter Miami - New York Red Bulls
- CEFCU Movie Night Series Returns to Earthquakes Stadium - San Jose Earthquakes
- Minnesota United FC vs. Columbus Crew Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Caps Home Spell Wednesday against LA Galaxy - Real Salt Lake
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Dallas - Atlanta United FC
- Toronto FC Announces Remaining MLS Regular Season Schedule - Toronto FC
- Colorado Rapids vs San Jose Earthquakes: MLS Preview: September 23, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Red Bull Arena to Continue to Host NYCFC, Montreal Matches - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC's Remainder of 2020 Major League Soccer Regular Season Schedule Revealed - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Announces Remainder of 2020 Regular-Season Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC and MLS Announce Remainder of 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Unveils Its Remaining Regular Season Matches in Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- Rapids Announce Remaining Regular Season Schedule, Featuring Four Home, Five Away Matches - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF Announces Remaining 2020 Season Schedule - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer Announces Remaining 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United and MLS Announce Remaining Regular Season Schedule - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Remaining 2020 MLS Regular Season Schedule Announced - LA Galaxy
- MLS Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Atlanta United FC
- Remaining matches of FC Cincinnati's regular season schedule unveiled - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- New York City FC Announces Remainder of Regular Season Schedule - New York City FC
- MLS Unveils Schedule for Remainder of the 2020 Season - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Announces Remaining 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Announce Remainder of 2020 MLS Regular-Season Schedule - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Announce Remaining 2020 MLS Regular Season Schedule - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes Announce Remainder of Regular Season Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Announce Schedule for Remainder of 2020 Regular Season - New England Revolution
- Orlando City SC Announces Final Nine Matches of MLS Regular-Season Schedule - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo Announce Remainder of 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Sporting KC Releases Remainder of 2020 Schedule - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Announces Nine Additional Regular Season Matches - FC Dallas
- MLS Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - MLS
- In Honor of National Voter Registration Day, Rapids Announce Partnership with 'I Am a Voter' and 'Rally the Vote' - Colorado Rapids
- Orlando City Travels to Sporting Kansas City for Midweek Match - Orlando City SC
- #ATLvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC Joins Professional Sports Team-Led Voter Registration Coalition "Rally the Vote" - Columbus Crew SC
- Storylines: City vs. Sporting KC - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Begin Two-Game Road Trip on Wednesday at Soldier Field - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Sporting to Host Orlando on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF to Host the New York Red Bulls on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Fort Lauderdale CF to Visit the Richmond Kickers - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Marcelino Moreno from Club Atletico Lanus - Atlanta United FC
- Zardes Scoring Speaks Loudly for Silently Spectacular Columbus: This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Successfully Appeal Defender Francisco Calvo's Suspension
- 10-Man Chicago Fire Narrowly Falls 2-1 to Philadelphia Union at Subaru Park
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 26 Ã¢ÂÂ November 1
- Chicago Fire FC Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Six Games, Draw New York Red Bulls 2-2
- Chicago Fire FC Away Match against Minnesota United FC Rescheduled to November 4