Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution (3-3-6, 15 pts.) are set to host the Montreal Impact (5-6-1, 16 pts.) on #KickChildhoodCancer night at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday evening. The mid-week match kicks off at 5:00 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Boston with Brad Feldman and Charlie Davies calling the action. The contest will also air on 98.5 The Sports Hub HD2, with Portuguese commentary available on WBIX 1260 AM Nossa Radio USA.
New England and Montreal are set to face off for the third time this season, following a 1-0 Revolution victory in the most recent encounter on July 9 in the MLS is Back Tournament. The Revolution hold a 10-10-3 all-time record against Montreal, including a 5-4-1 mark at Gillette Stadium. New England registered its fourth clean sheet of the 2020 season in the club's most recent home match, a 0-0 draw against New York City FC last Saturday. The Revolution's defense has conceded one or fewer goals in nine of 12 matches this season and just four goals in five home games at Gillette Stadium. The club's 11 goals conceded and rate of 0.92 goals against per game are both fourth lowest in MLS.
As the Revolution and all of MLS support Childhood Cancer Awareness Month this September, Wednesday's match marks the club's annual #KickChildhoodCancer match presented by MassGeneral Hospital for Children. The club will show support on the pitch with gold ribbons on the jersey, gold nets, gold match balls, gold corner flags and more. In the stands, dozens of life-sized cutouts of pediatric cancer patients and their siblings will support the club from "The Fort" in Section 141. Among those cutouts will be eight families that comprise Kelyn Rowe and Matt Turner's NEGU Crew. NEGU stands for Never, Ever Give Up. As part of their ongoing work with the Jessie Rees Foundation, Rowe and Turner will meet the NEGU Crew families on a video call Tuesday before enjoying seeing them represented in The Fort on Wednesday.
In addition, throughout the month of September, fans are encouraged to share "Messages of Hope" on social media using #KickChildhoodCancer. Continental Tire will donate $25 to fund pediatric cancer research (up to $50,000) for every post that uses the hashtag. Fans can also donate directly to the Children's Oncology Group (COG) here. Click here to learn more about Major League Soccer's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month initiatives.
Montreal Impact at New England Revolution
Date: Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2020
Kickoff: 5:00 p.m. ET
Location: Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
TV: NBC Sports Boston (streaming on NBC Sports Boston app)
Talent: Brad Feldman (play-by-play), Charlie Davies (analyst)
English Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub HD2
Portuguese Radio: 1260 AM Nossa Radio USA
WHAT TO WATCH FOR:
Here are some top storylines ahead of Wednesday's match against the Montreal Impact. Click HERE to view the club's complete game notes.
New England's defense allowing one or fewer goals for the 10th time in 13 matches this season, including four shutouts. The Revs are currently tied for the fourth-fewest goals allowed in MLS.
M Lee Nguyen is one assist shy of becoming the first player in club history to register 50 goals and 50 assists with New England. He is in a race with M Diego Fagundez, who is five assists away from the 50-50 milestone.
Fagundez is two appearances shy of matching Matt Reis (254) for second place on the club's all-time games played list. With nine more games played, he will equal Shalrie Joseph's club record of 261 reg ular season appearances.
F Gustavo Bou currently ranks among the league leaders in shots (45), shots on goal (17) and chances created (27), where he ranks first, tied for second, and fourth, respectively.
GK Matt Turner is one shutout away from matching his career-best five clean sheets (2018 and 2019), and needs one stop to match Jeff Causey (207) for third on the Revolution's all-time saves list.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 22, 2020
- LAFC to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- New York City FC Announces Remainder of Regular Season Schedule - New York City FC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Returns Home to Face D.C. United - Nashville SC
- Real Salt Lake Signs RSL Academy Product Bode Davis - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Head South for Mid-Week Matchup at Inter Miami - New York Red Bulls
- CEFCU Movie Night Series Returns to Earthquakes Stadium - San Jose Earthquakes
- Minnesota United FC vs. Columbus Crew Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Caps Home Spell Wednesday against LA Galaxy - Real Salt Lake
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Dallas - Atlanta United FC
- Toronto FC Announces Remaining MLS Regular Season Schedule - Toronto FC
- Colorado Rapids vs San Jose Earthquakes: MLS Preview: September 23, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Red Bull Arena to Continue to Host NYCFC, Montreal Matches - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC's Remainder of 2020 Major League Soccer Regular Season Schedule Revealed - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Announces Remainder of 2020 Regular-Season Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC and MLS Announce Remainder of 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Unveils Its Remaining Regular Season Matches in Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- Rapids Announce Remaining Regular Season Schedule, Featuring Four Home, Five Away Matches - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF Announces Remaining 2020 Season Schedule - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer Announces Remaining 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United and MLS Announce Remaining Regular Season Schedule - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Remaining 2020 MLS Regular Season Schedule Announced - LA Galaxy
- MLS Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Atlanta United FC
- Remaining matches of FC Cincinnati's regular season schedule unveiled - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- New York City FC Announces Remainder of Regular Season Schedule - New York City FC
- MLS Unveils Schedule for Remainder of the 2020 Season - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Announces Remaining 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Announce Remainder of 2020 MLS Regular-Season Schedule - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Announce Remaining 2020 MLS Regular Season Schedule - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes Announce Remainder of Regular Season Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Announce Schedule for Remainder of 2020 Regular Season - New England Revolution
- Orlando City SC Announces Final Nine Matches of MLS Regular-Season Schedule - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo Announce Remainder of 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Sporting KC Releases Remainder of 2020 Schedule - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Announces Nine Additional Regular Season Matches - FC Dallas
- MLS Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule - MLS
- In Honor of National Voter Registration Day, Rapids Announce Partnership with 'I Am a Voter' and 'Rally the Vote' - Colorado Rapids
- Orlando City Travels to Sporting Kansas City for Midweek Match - Orlando City SC
- #ATLvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC Joins Professional Sports Team-Led Voter Registration Coalition "Rally the Vote" - Columbus Crew SC
- Storylines: City vs. Sporting KC - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Begin Two-Game Road Trip on Wednesday at Soldier Field - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Sporting to Host Orlando on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF to Host the New York Red Bulls on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Fort Lauderdale CF to Visit the Richmond Kickers - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Marcelino Moreno from Club Atletico Lanus - Atlanta United FC
- Zardes Scoring Speaks Loudly for Silently Spectacular Columbus: This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution and Nashville SC Play to 1-1 Draw
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Nashville SC
- Cristian Penilla Undergoes Surgery to Repair Left Foot Fracture
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia Union, 2-1
- Game Preview: Philadelphia Union at New England Revolution