Red Bulls Return to RBA to Face the Montreal Impact
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls (5-6-2, 17 pts) return to Red Bull Arena to face the Montreal Impact (5-7-1, 16 pts) on Sunday. Sunday's kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. with coverage on MSG, MSG Go and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
Coverage on MSG begins at 6:30 p.m. ET with the Red Bulls Pregame show. Steve Cangialosi will have the primary play-by-play responsibilities and will be alongside Shep Messing and Michelle Gingras.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 6 p.m. EST with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will carry the Spanish play-by-play responsibilities, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Since Montreal entered the league in 2012, New York and the Impact have faced off 19 times in the regular season and twice in the postseason. The Red Bulls hold a lead on the all-time regular-season series at 10-7-2, while the Impact are 2-0-0 in the postseason versus New York. Former New York Red Bulls midfielder and current Montreal manager Thierry Henry currently holds the all-time regular-season series lead for goals and assists by a Red Bulls player against Montreal with nine goals and four assists.
The Red Bulls aims to buck two losing trends on Sunday. New York has lost its last three matches at home in 2020 and have also lost its last three regular-season games to Montreal. Overall, the Red Bulls are 9-1-0 at home versus the Impact and have outscored its opponent, 29-10 at Red Bull Arena.
Forward Brian White checked off a lot of boxes with his goal against Inter Miami on Wednesday. White's goal was his first goal and first game-winning goal of 2020 and New York's first goal from a true striker this season. The Flemington, New Jersey, native has 11 career MLS regular-season goals, four of which are game-winning goals. He is four game-winning goals shy of cracking New York's top-10 list.
The Red Bulls hit the road for three of the next four matches, beginning with Orlando City SC on Saturday, October 3. Kickoff is set for 4 p.m. with coverage on FOX and New York Red Bulls Radio in English and Spanish.
New York Red Bulls vs. Montreal Impact
2020 MLS Regular Season Match 14
Red Bull Arena - Harrison, N.J.
Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 7 p.m. ET
MSG, MSG Go, New York Red Bulls Radio
All-Time Series: New York leads, 10-7-2
At Red Bull Arena: The Red Bulls lead, 9-1-0
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 26, 2020
- New York City FC Overwhelms FC Cincinnati 4-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 4 - 0 FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- LAFC to Face San Jose Earthquakes Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Boys in Gold Keep Home Undefeated Streak Intact After Draw with Houston Dynamo - Nashville SC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at La Galaxy - September 27, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Late Goal Lifts Dynamo to 1-1 Draw with Nashville SC - Houston Dynamo
- Minnesota United FC vs. Real Salt Lake Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Gonzalo HiguaÃÂn Set for Inter Miami Debut - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Toronto FC Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Colorado Rapids' Home Match against Sporting Kansas City Postponed to Later Date - Colorado Rapids
- Pareja Heads Back to Dallas as Orlando Go for Eight in a Row - Orlando City SC
- Storylines: City vs. FC Dallas - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Match at Colorado Postponed - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Postpones Sunday's Colorado Rapids vs. Sporting Kansas City Match - MLS
- Red Bulls Return to RBA to Face the Montreal Impact - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Confirm Positive COVID-19 Case - FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City Travels to FC Dallas on Sunday - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Chicago Fire FC - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Visits Minnesota United FC on Sunday - Real Salt Lake
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions
- Red Bulls Knocked out of MLS Cup Playoffs; Fall to Columbus, 3-2
- New York Travels to Columbus for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Matchup
- New York Red Bulls Players and Pediatric Patients Virtually Design Posters to Mark Five-Year Anniversary of Tackle Kids Cancer