FC Cincinnati Confirm Positive COVID-19 Case
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati learned today that for the first time a first team player has been confirmed positive for COVID-19. All other players and members of the club have returned negative test results and do not have symptoms.
Upon receipt of the initial positive result, the player, who is symptomatic, self-isolated under a strict and detailed protocol. The player will remain in isolation until medically cleared and will be monitored by the club's medical staff and tested daily.
The MLS testing protocol has all MLS players undergo Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests every other day, including the day before each match. The confirmation of a COVID-19 case occurs when a player receives two consecutive positive test results. As a result of this confirmed positive test, the club will now begin daily testing of all close contacts within the first team and soccer staff. In addition, the team has implemented contact tracing in conjunction with Hamilton and Clermont County health officials.
As a standard Major League Soccer and FC Cincinnati protocol, all areas of the facility are cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis. Given the positive test result on the FCC First Team, an even more thorough disinfecting procedure was executed in the last 48 hours.
FC Cincinnati remain scheduled to play New York City FC this evening at Red Bull Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 26, 2020
- New York City FC Overwhelms FC Cincinnati 4-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 4 - 0 FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- LAFC to Face San Jose Earthquakes Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Boys in Gold Keep Home Undefeated Streak Intact After Draw with Houston Dynamo - Nashville SC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at La Galaxy - September 27, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Late Goal Lifts Dynamo to 1-1 Draw with Nashville SC - Houston Dynamo FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Real Salt Lake Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Gonzalo HiguaÃÂn Set for Inter Miami Debut - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Toronto FC Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Colorado Rapids' Home Match against Sporting Kansas City Postponed to Later Date - Colorado Rapids
- Pareja Heads Back to Dallas as Orlando Go for Eight in a Row - Orlando City SC
- Storylines: City vs. FC Dallas - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Match at Colorado Postponed - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Postpones Sunday's Colorado Rapids vs. Sporting Kansas City Match - MLS
- Red Bulls Return to RBA to Face the Montreal Impact - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Confirm Positive COVID-19 Case - FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City Travels to FC Dallas on Sunday - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Chicago Fire FC - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Visits Minnesota United FC on Sunday - Real Salt Lake
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.