Real Salt Lake's Noah Powder Named to Trinidad & Tobago Roster for World Cup Qualifiers
HERRIMAN, Utah - Real Salt Lake defender Noah Powder has been named to Trinidad & Tobago's squad for World Cup Qualifying matches against the Bahamas on June 5 at 3:00 p.m. MT and Saint Kitts and Nevis on June 8 and 3:00 p.m. MT.
"The World Cup is the paramount event in our sport and for Noah to have the opportunity to help his country qualify for the tournament is an incredible honor. We look forward to seeing him contribute at the international level against the Bahamas and Saint Kitts in the coming days," RSL General Manager Elliot Fall said.
Powder, 22, made his Major League Soccer debut on May 15 when he entered a match against Nashville SC to play the final seven minutes of the contest. In 2019, he played 30 regular season matches for the Real Monarchs, scoring two goals in 2,629 minutes. In the playoffs, he notched two assists and scored in the USL Championship Final to secure the club's first title. To date, Powder has nine goals and seven assists in 90 USL matches, logging 7,050 minutes, including one goal and four assists in 10 appearances in 2020.
Powder signed for RSL in September 2020 ahead of the 2021 season.
"I'm really excited to receive another call-up from my country," Powder said. "It is always an honor to be back in the red, black and white. I'm really excited to join the group and help in any way possible to help us qualify for the World Cup."
Internationally, Powder has played 13 matches across the T&T U-17 and U-20 sides, notching two goals for each age group. He made his senior national team debut on January 31 against the United States in Orlando, Florida.
Powder joined the Monarchs prior to the 2019 season as a young veteran in the USL Championship. Success has followed since his professional career began in 2016. The New Jersey native played two seasons with New York Red Bulls II in 2016 and 2017 and helped NYRBII to a USL title as a rookie. He then joined Orange County SC in the USL Championship where he helped OCSC to the Western Conference Final in 2018.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 2, 2021
- Sounders FC Midfielder Jordy Delem Placed on Season Ending Injury List - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake's Ashtone Morgan Named to Canada's World Cup Qualifying Roster - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting KC to Host Groundbreaking Ceremony on June 18 - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake's Noah Powder Named to Trinidad & Tobago Roster for World Cup Qualifiers - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew Announces Final Match at Historic Crew Stadium on June 19 to be at Full Capacity - Columbus Crew SC
- LAFC to Return to Full Capacity at Banc of California Stadium on June 19 - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Announces Stadium Capacity Plans for Remainder of 2021 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Loan Stars: May 2021 - Charlotte FC
- Four Loons Called to National Team Duty - Minnesota United FC
- Earthquakes Announce Broadcast and Kickoff Time Changes for Road Match vs. Real Salt Lake - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake's Match against San Jose on October 30 Changed to 1:30 p.m. MT Kickoff - Real Salt Lake
- MNUFC Loan Defender Callum Montgomery to San Diego Loyal - Minnesota United FC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Forward Brian White from New York Red Bulls - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- New York Red Bulls Trade Forward Brian White to Vancouver Whitecaps FC - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Signs Defender Toni Datković - Real Salt Lake
- MNUFC Loan Forward Foster Langsdorf to Tampa Bay Rowdies - Minnesota United FC
- The Pitch: Players from 26 MLS Teams Answer the Call for International Duty - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Seeks Rocky Mountain Cup Title Saturday against Colorado Rapids
- RSL to Honor Long-Time Icon Kyle Beckerman on November 3
- Real Salt Lake & Continental Tire Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal
- Albert Rusnak Named to Slovakia National Team for World Cup Qualifying Matches
- David Ochoa Named to U21 Mexico National Team