New York Red Bulls Trade Forward Brian White to Vancouver Whitecaps FC
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls have traded forward and New Jersey native Brian White to Vancouver Whitecaps FC, in exchange for $400,000 in General Allocation Money, the club announced today. The Red Bulls could also receive an additional $100,000 in GAM, if White meets certain performance-based metrics.
"We'd like to thank Brian for his contributions to the club," said Head of Sport Kevin Thelwell. "He has made great strides as a professional since being drafted and has always represented the organization well on and off the field. We wish Brian all the best in this next stage of his career."
White, a Flemington, New Jersey, native, was New York's first-round selection in the 2018 MLS Superdraft. He signed a USL contract in March and recorded eight goals and five assists in 1,539 minutes played over five months. White subsequently earned a promotion to the first team with an MLS contract in August.
"Brian set a great example of what it means to be a Red Bull player on the field and he was also a leader in the community," said Head Coach Gerhard Struber. "As a staff, we're thankful for our time with Brian and we wish him only the best."
Since his MLS debut on August 18, 2018, White has tallied 15 goals and four assists in 47 MLS appearances. He finished in the top-two among New York Red Bull scorers in each of the last two seasons, including New York's top scorer in 2020. The Flemington native tallied his first MLS Cup Playoffs goal against Columbus Crew SC on November 21, 2020.
Transaction: The New York Red Bulls have traded forward and New Jersey native Brian White to Vancouver Whitecaps FC, in exchange for $400,000 in General Allocation Money. The Red Bulls could also receive an additional $100,000 in GAM, if White meets certain performance-based metrics.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 2, 2021
- Sounders FC Midfielder Jordy Delem Placed on Season Ending Injury List - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake's Ashtone Morgan Named to Canada's World Cup Qualifying Roster - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting KC to Host Groundbreaking Ceremony on June 18 - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake's Noah Powder Named to Trinidad & Tobago Roster for World Cup Qualifiers - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew Announces Final Match at Historic Crew Stadium on June 19 to be at Full Capacity - Columbus Crew SC
- LAFC to Return to Full Capacity at Banc of California Stadium on June 19 - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Announces Stadium Capacity Plans for Remainder of 2021 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Loan Stars: May 2021 - Charlotte FC
- Four Loons Called to National Team Duty - Minnesota United FC
- Earthquakes Announce Broadcast and Kickoff Time Changes for Road Match vs. Real Salt Lake - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake's Match against San Jose on October 30 Changed to 1:30 p.m. MT Kickoff - Real Salt Lake
- MNUFC Loan Defender Callum Montgomery to San Diego Loyal - Minnesota United FC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Forward Brian White from New York Red Bulls - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- New York Red Bulls Trade Forward Brian White to Vancouver Whitecaps FC - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Signs Defender Toni Datković - Real Salt Lake
- MNUFC Loan Forward Foster Langsdorf to Tampa Bay Rowdies - Minnesota United FC
- The Pitch: Players from 26 MLS Teams Answer the Call for International Duty - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls - Atlanta United Match Picked up by FS1 and FOX Deportes
- New York Begins Two-Match Homestand on Saturday with Inter Miami CF
- Red Bull Arena Teams up with Applied Silver, Inc. and Astreea Ensuring Continued Health and Safety
- Red Bulls Defeat FC Cincinnati 1-0
- Red Bulls Travel to Ohio to Face FC Cincinnati