Four Loons Called to National Team Duty
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United announced today that four players have been called up to national team duty during the June FIFA International window.
In Europe, Slovakia and Finland begin their UEFA EURO 2020 journeys, starting June 11. Jan Gregus and Slovakia will play in one final friendly against Austria, Sunday, June 6 before starting the group stage. Slovakia is in Group E and will face Spain, Sweden and Poland. Robin Lod and Jukka Raitala will join Finland to play one final friendly against Estonia, Friday, June 4 before the group stage. Finland is in Group B and will face Denmark, Belgium and Russia. The top two teams in each group including four best third-placed teams will advance. The Knockout Phase begins with a Round of 16 on Saturday, June 26 and the EURO 2020 Final will be played on Sunday, July 11 in London.
Goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair will join the Canada Men's National Team and continue their journey through the first round of 2022 World Cup Qualifiers where they will face Aruba and Suriname. Additionally, Canada will start the group stage for the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup in Group B. The Quarterfinals are set to kick off Saturday, July 24 with the Final taking place Sunday, August 1 at 7:30 p.m. at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.
UEFA EURO 2020 Schedule
Finland (Group B) Slovakia (Group E)
Sat. June 12 @ Denmark (18:00, Copenhagen) Mon. June 14 @ Poland (18:00, St. Petersburg)
Wed. June 16 vs. Russia (15:00, St. Petersburg) Fri. June 18 @ Sweden (15:00, St. Petersburg)
Mon. June 21 vs. Belgium (21:00, St. Petersburg) Wed. June 23 vs. Spain (18:00, Seville)
Canada Men's National Team Schedule
World Cup Qualifiers
Concacaf Gold Cup Group Stage (Group B)
@ Aruba, Saturday, June 5 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Martinique, Friday, June 11 at 5:30 p.m.
vs. Suriname, Tuesday, June 8 at 8:05 p.m. TBD, Tuesday, July 15 at 6:30 p.m.
@ USA, Friday, July 18 at 4:00 p.m.
To get access to presales for the 2021 season, join The Preserve - the official Allianz Field Waiting List - or sign up for Minnesota United newsletters. More information on both can be found at mnufc.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 2, 2021
- Sounders FC Midfielder Jordy Delem Placed on Season Ending Injury List - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake's Ashtone Morgan Named to Canada's World Cup Qualifying Roster - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting KC to Host Groundbreaking Ceremony on June 18 - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake's Noah Powder Named to Trinidad & Tobago Roster for World Cup Qualifiers - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew Announces Final Match at Historic Crew Stadium on June 19 to be at Full Capacity - Columbus Crew SC
- LAFC to Return to Full Capacity at Banc of California Stadium on June 19 - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Announces Stadium Capacity Plans for Remainder of 2021 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Loan Stars: May 2021 - Charlotte FC
- Four Loons Called to National Team Duty - Minnesota United FC
- Earthquakes Announce Broadcast and Kickoff Time Changes for Road Match vs. Real Salt Lake - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake's Match against San Jose on October 30 Changed to 1:30 p.m. MT Kickoff - Real Salt Lake
- MNUFC Loan Defender Callum Montgomery to San Diego Loyal - Minnesota United FC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Forward Brian White from New York Red Bulls - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- New York Red Bulls Trade Forward Brian White to Vancouver Whitecaps FC - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Signs Defender Toni Datković - Real Salt Lake
- MNUFC Loan Forward Foster Langsdorf to Tampa Bay Rowdies - Minnesota United FC
- The Pitch: Players from 26 MLS Teams Answer the Call for International Duty - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.