RAVE Foundation Hosts Soccer Play Day and Ball Giveaway at Hing Hay Park this Saturday
SEATTLE, WASH. - This Saturday, May 15, from 12:00-3:00 p.m. PT, Seattle Sounders FC's charitable arm, RAVE Foundation, hosts a free soccer play day for youth at Hing Hay Park in Seattle's Chinatown-International District.
As part of the club's previously announced slate of AAPI Heritage Month activities, Saturday's event includes pop-up 2v2 soccer, a soccer skills clinic led by former Sounder Brad Evans, a Kung Fu clinic led by Seattle Kung Fu Club, and a ball giveaway. Additionally, a community walk-up vaccination clinic is being offered concurrently, courtesy of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health and hosted by Seattle Chinatown-International District Preservation and Development Authority (SCIDpda).
Festivities begin at noon, where pop-up 2v2 soccer is offered on five mini-fields for free play, in partnership with Street Soccer Seattle. The pop-up play areas are open from noon through 3:00 p.m. PT. Kids in attendance receive free MLS Soccer for All t-shirts while supplies last and passes for free admission to Wing Luke Museum are being handed out to the first 100 youth.
From 2:00-2:30 p.m. PT, kids have the opportunity to learn new skills in two special mini-clinics. Former Sounder Brad Evans will teach soccer skills, while instructors from Seattle Kung Fu Club lead kids in basic Kung Fu practices.
At 3:00 p.m. PT, activities conclude with a RAVE Foundation soccer ball giveaway.
During the duration of the afternoon, from noon to 3:00 p.m. PT, the community vaccination clinic is also scheduled to take place, giving parents of children attending the play day - or any members of the community - a chance to receive the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine courtesy of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health and SCIDpda. Vaccines are offered a walk-up basis with no appointments necessary and are available to anyone 18 years old and older.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 13, 2021
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 1-0 to D.C. United at Audi Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Rising Talent of MLS NEXT Set to Compete in Dallas Area this Summer - FC Dallas
- Timbers Goalkeeper Jeff Attinella to Undergo Season-Ending Surgery - Portland Timbers
- RAVE Foundation Hosts Soccer Play Day and Ball Giveaway at Hing Hay Park this Saturday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Know Your Opponent: D.C. United - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Sign Goalkeeper Logan Ketterer on Loan from El Paso Locomotive FC - Portland Timbers
- BBVA Stadium to Host Three Doubleheaders in Concacaf Gold Cup Group Stage - Houston Dynamo FC
- Revolution Honor New England Amputee Soccer Team as "Heroes of the Match" on May 16 at Gillette Stadium - New England Revolution
- Concacaf Announces Schedule for 2021 Gold Cup - Inter Miami CF
- Concacaf Announces 2021 Gold Cup Matches at Exploria Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Announce Time Change for May 29 Road Match vs. LA Galaxy - San Jose Earthquakes
- Toyota Stadium to Host Four Concacaf Gold Cup Matches in July - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy Announce Time Change for May 29 Home Match against San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- KC to Host Three U.S. Men's National Team Matches in 2021 Gold Cup - Sporting Kansas City
- Q2 Stadium to Host 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup Semifinal - Austin FC
- Nashville-Based Recording Artist Michael Ray to Sing National Anthem at Nashville SC Match on Sunday, May 23ÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Rapids Loan 16-Year-Old Yaya Toure to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FCÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces Schedule Change in Home Match against Philadelphia Union - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Forward Valentin Castellanos Signs New Contract - New York City FC
- Philadelphia Union at Nashville SC Moved to Saturday, July 3 at 8 p.m. ET - Philadelphia Union
- Charlotte FC Supporters' Groups Focus on Giving Back to the Community - Charlotte FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Defender Geoff Cameron - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Remains Unbeaten, Stays on Top of the West with Gutsy 1-0 Road Win in San Jose - Seattle Sounders FC
- Quakes three-game winning streak snapped, host Portland on Saturday - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC Get First Win in 1-0 Shutout over Vancouver - Minnesota United FC
- CF Montréal Takes 2-0 Win at Miami - Club de Foot Montreal
- Dynamo Post First Clean Sheet of the Season in 1-0 Win over Sporting Kansas City - Houston Dynamo FC
- 'Caps suffer first road defeat of season against Loons - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Tacoma Ends Road Stretch with 4-2 Loss at Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Sounders FC Announces Public On-Sale for 2021 Partial Season Ticket Packs and Single-Match Tickets
- Tacoma Falls 3-0 at Phoenix Rising FC
- Sounders FC and OL Reign Announce Doubleheader Matchday at Lumen Field this August
- Sounders FC Wins Three Northwest Emmy Awards