Rapids Rally to Draw Austin FC on the Road
March 27, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Colorado Rapids News Release
Kévin Cabral scored his first goal for Colorado as the Rapids levelled late against Austin FC to earn a point from their visit to Q2 Stadium on Saturday night.
With tonight's result the Rapids remain unbeaten at Q2 Stadium since Austin joined MLS in 2021 (1-0-2).
The Rapids outshot Austin 17-7, creating four big chances to Los Verdes' one. Their eight shots on goal tonight was higher than their average of 2.2 per game this season.
F KévinCabral substituted into the match in the 82nd minute, scoring his first goal as a member of the Rapids three minutes later.
F Michael Barrios delivered his 60th MLS assist ion KévinCabral's late equalizing goal. It marked Barrios' second consecutive match of the season with an assist.
Barrios also assisted Rubio's last-gasp equalizing goal in the Rapids' 1-1 at Austin on Decision Day last season.
D Lalas Abubakar made his 100th appearance for the Rapids.
M Bryan Acosta delivered his first assist of the season.
COLORADO RAPIDS HEAD COACH ROBIN FRASER
On the match:
"I'm really so proud of the group. I'm really, really so proud. We're missing a number of players and to come here, which is one of the hardest places in the league to play, to put up that sort of performance, that sort of commitment, it was really gratifying to see our team and the way that we know we can play. We know it's not the result that we all wanted, but really proud of the group."
On Kévin Cabral's performance:
"Yeah, this is a great thing. I'm really happy for Kévin[Cabral]. Obviously, we have a lot of attacking players and there's a lot of competition for positions, but he has, since about the third week of preseason, really been picking it up and coming along. And he works hard every day and patiently waits for his chance and he gets in and he makes a big difference for us, and you know, he could have scored a second one. Prior to that it could have been two goals for him, but it's really about his willingness and desire to get in front of the goal. Like I said, not just on the one he scored, but the one chance that we had before where Mikey [Barrios] broke through. He's in good spots and he's committed to getting there and everything you've seen in his play, he is very committed to getting in front of the goal, so I'm really happy for him."
COLORADO RAPIDS FORWARD KÉVIN CABRAL
On the match:
"I think we played really well. For me, and I think everyone, it's our best game and it's an away game. Unfortunately, we didn't get the three points, but one point away is really good."
On what scoring his first goal for the Rapids means to him:
"First, I'm really happy to get my first goal for the Colorado Rapids, and I will try my best to score more goals or give some assists to get our objective with the team, to get in the playoffs, and I hope I score a lot of goals."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 27, 2023
- LA Galaxy Weekly - LA Galaxy
- Jordan Morris Named MLS Player of the Matchday - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati Host Breaking Barriers, Presented by Procter & Gamble Brands Always and Secret - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC Update - Nashville SC
- Seattle Sounders FC Forward Jordan Morris Voted MLS Player of the Matchday Presented by Continental Tire for Matchday 5 - MLS
- Kévin Cabral's "Willingness and Desire" to Score Comes to Fruition in his First Goal Scored for the Rapids - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids Rally to Draw Austin FC on the Road - Colorado Rapids
- Debutant Vinicius Mello Shines in Gritty Comeback against the New York Red Bulls - Charlotte FC
- Carlos Terán Selected to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 5 - Chicago Fire FC
- Franco Negri Named to MLS Team of the Matchday - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- (Re)boot Unveils First Collection - Inter Miami CF
- Academy Update: U.S. Soccer U-14 Talent ID Central/South Regional Mini-Camp - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal Renews Its Commitment to the Club de la médaille d'or - Club de Foot Montreal
- FC Cincinnati Host Breaking Barriers, Presented by Proctor & Gamble Brands Always and Secret - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Rapids Unable to Complete Rally, Fall 3-2 on the Road to Columbus Crew
- Rapids at Columbus Crew Preview
- Colorado Rapids Call up Two Players on Short-Term Agreements
- Colorado Rapids Call up Three Players on Short-Term Agreements
- Yosuke Hanya Showcases "Intelligent and Savvy" Playing Style in Call Ups to First Team