FC Cincinnati Host Breaking Barriers, Presented by Procter & Gamble Brands Always and Secret
March 27, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - FC Cincinnati News Release
Earlier this month, FC Cincinnati partnered with Procter & Gamble brands Always and Secret to host the third annual Breaking Barriers at TQL Stadium to help support the development of young women interested in working in sports.
The event hosted 86 young women, including juniors and seniors in high school, students at local universities with sports-focused majors or minors, and young professionals interested in a career in the sports industry.
In addition to being a networking opportunity, 11 professionals and community leaders led chat panel discussions along with breakout sessions. Jasmine Styles, Evening Anchor of WCPO 9 News, moderated the panel which included Natalie Anderson (Senior Director - Community Relations and the FC Cincinnati Foundation), Gwynedd Davis (Senior Brand Director of Head & Shoulders - P&G), Christina Roybal (Vice President and Director of Athletics - Northern Kentucky University) and Sarah Pelfrey (Sales & Marketing Director - PigWorks).
Breakout speakers represented various local sports organizations including FC Cincinnati, the Cincinnati Reds, Cincinnati Bengals, University of Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky University.
"FC Cincinnati is committed to empowering our future leaders," said Kate Solomon, SVP Fan & Community Engagement. "Events like Breaking Barriers showcase the different career paths available in sports and provide networking opportunities to help more young women get their start and advance in the field."
In recognition of Women's History Month, FC Cincinnati celebrates its female staff members and looks to support the development of tomorrow's leaders through its community initiatives.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 27, 2023
- LA Galaxy Weekly - LA Galaxy
- Jordan Morris Named MLS Player of the Matchday - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati Host Breaking Barriers, Presented by Procter & Gamble Brands Always and Secret - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC Update - Nashville SC
- Seattle Sounders FC Forward Jordan Morris Voted MLS Player of the Matchday Presented by Continental Tire for Matchday 5 - MLS
- Kévin Cabral's "Willingness and Desire" to Score Comes to Fruition in his First Goal Scored for the Rapids - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids Rally to Draw Austin FC on the Road - Colorado Rapids
- Debutant Vinicius Mello Shines in Gritty Comeback against the New York Red Bulls - Charlotte FC
- Carlos Terán Selected to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 5 - Chicago Fire FC
- Franco Negri Named to MLS Team of the Matchday - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- (Re)boot Unveils First Collection - Inter Miami CF
- Academy Update: U.S. Soccer U-14 Talent ID Central/South Regional Mini-Camp - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal Renews Its Commitment to the Club de la médaille d'or - Club de Foot Montreal
- FC Cincinnati Host Breaking Barriers, Presented by Proctor & Gamble Brands Always and Secret - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Álvaro Barreal Named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 16
- FC Cincinnati Announce Seventh Sellout of Season for Saturday's Match against Chicago Fire FC
- FC Cincinnati Finish May Undefeated with 3-1 Road Win at NYCFC
- Preview: FC Cincinnati Travel to Yankee Stadium to Face New York City FC in Midweek Matchup
- By the Numbers: FC Cincinnati at New York City FC