Rampage Weekly Update
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Friday & Saturday, Apr. 3 & 4 vs. Iowa
@ AT&T Center, 7:00 p.m.
The Iowa Chops make their last visit to the AT&T Center with a weekend doubleheader. Iowa enters the week trailing the fourth playoff spot by three points. The Rampage and Chops have split six previous games, including 1-1 in San Antonio.
SHOTS FROM THE POINT 08-09
PLEASE DON'T STOP THE MUSIC: San Antonio has won five of their last six games including three of four on the road. The Rampage enter the week after sweeping a three-in-three series. The three-game set took the Rampage to Cleveland, then Syracuse and back to San Antonio.
STANDING TALL: Recently acquired goalie Karl Goehring has adjusted nicely in his return to the Alamo City. The 8-year AHL veteran gave up 6 goals in his Rampage season debut but rebounded to win three straight games including a 38-save night in a 4-1 win versus another former club, Syracuse.
MEMBERS ONLY: Do you remember? Last week we sung the praises of David Spina and Joel Perrault, who both had big weeks. Spina is riding a five- game points streak with a goal and 6 assists, while Perrault has points in six straight registering nine points. Both players missed the entire franchise re- cord 17-game winless streak but have come back to help the Rampage go 29- 17-2-3 since their return.
BIG MAC: Brett MacLean isn't worried about hitting the 'rookie wall.' The All- Star forward has totaled nine point streaks of at least two games including a recently completed four-game streak. MacLean tallied two power-play goals and four assists helping the Rampage to three wins in those four games.
ICE CHIPS - Joel Perrault
The Rampage are red-hot and no one is hot- ter than Joel Perrault. The soon to be 26- year-old veteran is enjoying a career season despite missing 26 games to start the year.
Perrault has hit career highs in goals, assists and points in just 48 games. He enters the week with a three-game scoring streak and six-game points streak while collecting 6 goals and 3 assists. Included in that total are two game-winners and a game-tying goal.
$1 DRINK NIGHT: This Friday is $1 Drink Night courtesy of 99.5 KISS FM. Enjoy $1 draft beers and fountain drinks on Friday, April 3rd, when the Iowa Chops visit the AT&T Center.
SPORTS CAREER FAIR: This Saturday SS&E will host a career fair from 3-6 p.m. with a net- working hour from 6-7 p.m. prior to the Rampage game. The career fair is sponsored by Alamo Colleges.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2009
- Griffins And Bulldogs In Fight To The Finish - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Amerks Enter Final Month Of Season This Weekend - Rochester Americans
- River Rats Officially Eliminated From 2009 Playoff Race - Albany River Rats
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Continues March 31 at Zebb's Deluxe Grill and Bar - Syracuse Crunch
- Tabulating The Votes At Awards Season - AHL
- Boyce Named Marlies Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Toronto Marlies
- Hamilton Hosts Grand Rapids This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pirates Continue Push Toward Playoffs - Portland Pirates
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Sound Tigers To Play Opening Games Of Calder Cup Playoffs On Long Island - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Three big wins propel Sharks into 4th place in Atlantic - Worcester Sharks
- Khudobin reassigned to Aeros, Henderson released - Houston Aeros
- Lowell Closes Gap For Spot in Postseason - Albany Devils
- Oilers Recall Defenseman Taylor Chorney - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Recall Perry from Arizona - San Antonio Rampage
- San Jose Sharks sign Nick Petrecki and Joe Loprieno - Worcester Sharks
- MVP Health Care Player Magnet Series Giveaway Continues April 3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Schneider named RBK/AHL Player of the Week - Manitoba Moose
- Moose's Schneider named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Santorelli Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Slow Work Week For The Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hog Talk Returns Tonight At Cousin's Bar And Grill - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford Takes Three Of Five To Keep Pace In The West - Rockford IceHogs
- Ottawa Reassigns Center Jim O'Brien to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman David Stich to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Return Goaltender Maxime Daigneault to Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Playoff Tickets On Sale - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Capture West Division Crown - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Make History In Week 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Suspended Rampage Game to be Completed April 6th - San Antonio Rampage
- Suspended AHL game to be completed April 6 - AHL
- Monsters Game To Be Completed April 6th At Hoover Arena - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.