Rampage Weekly Update
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Friday & Saturday, Apr. 3 & 4 vs. Iowa
@ AT&T Center, 7:00 p.m.
The Iowa Chops make their last visit to the AT&T Center with a weekend doubleheader. Iowa enters the week trailing the fourth playoff spot by three points. The Rampage and Chops have split six previous games, including 1-1 in San Antonio.
SHOTS FROM THE POINT 08-09
PLEASE DON'T STOP THE MUSIC: San Antonio has won five of their last six games including three of four on the road. The Rampage enter the week after sweeping a three-in-three series. The three-game set took the Rampage to Cleveland, then Syracuse and back to San Antonio.
STANDING TALL: Recently acquired goalie Karl Goehring has adjusted nicely in his return to the Alamo City. The 8-year AHL veteran gave up 6 goals in his Rampage season debut but rebounded to win three straight games including a 38-save night in a 4-1 win versus another former club, Syracuse.
MEMBERS ONLY: Do you remember? Last week we sung the praises of David Spina and Joel Perrault, who both had big weeks. Spina is riding a five- game points streak with a goal and 6 assists, while Perrault has points in six straight registering nine points. Both players missed the entire franchise re- cord 17-game winless streak but have come back to help the Rampage go 29- 17-2-3 since their return.
BIG MAC: Brett MacLean isn't worried about hitting the 'rookie wall.' The All- Star forward has totaled nine point streaks of at least two games including a recently completed four-game streak. MacLean tallied two power-play goals and four assists helping the Rampage to three wins in those four games.
ICE CHIPS - Joel Perrault
The Rampage are red-hot and no one is hot- ter than Joel Perrault. The soon to be 26- year-old veteran is enjoying a career season despite missing 26 games to start the year.
Perrault has hit career highs in goals, assists and points in just 48 games. He enters the week with a three-game scoring streak and six-game points streak while collecting 6 goals and 3 assists. Included in that total are two game-winners and a game-tying goal.
$1 DRINK NIGHT: This Friday is $1 Drink Night courtesy of 99.5 KISS FM. Enjoy $1 draft beers and fountain drinks on Friday, April 3rd, when the Iowa Chops visit the AT&T Center.
SPORTS CAREER FAIR: This Saturday SS&E will host a career fair from 3-6 p.m. with a net- working hour from 6-7 p.m. prior to the Rampage game. The career fair is sponsored by Alamo Colleges.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2009
- Griffins And Bulldogs In Fight To The Finish - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Amerks Enter Final Month Of Season This Weekend - Rochester Americans
- River Rats Officially Eliminated From 2009 Playoff Race - Albany River Rats
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Continues March 31 at Zebb's Deluxe Grill and Bar - Syracuse Crunch
- Tabulating The Votes At Awards Season - AHL
- Boyce Named Marlies Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Toronto Marlies
- Hamilton Hosts Grand Rapids This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pirates Continue Push Toward Playoffs - Portland Pirates
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Sound Tigers To Play Opening Games Of Calder Cup Playoffs On Long Island - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Three big wins propel Sharks into 4th place in Atlantic - Worcester Sharks
- Khudobin reassigned to Aeros, Henderson released - Houston Aeros
- Lowell Closes Gap For Spot in Postseason - Albany Devils
- Oilers Recall Defenseman Taylor Chorney - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Recall Perry from Arizona - San Antonio Rampage
- San Jose Sharks sign Nick Petrecki and Joe Loprieno - Worcester Sharks
- MVP Health Care Player Magnet Series Giveaway Continues April 3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Schneider named RBK/AHL Player of the Week - Manitoba Moose
- Moose's Schneider named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Santorelli Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Slow Work Week For The Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hog Talk Returns Tonight At Cousin's Bar And Grill - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford Takes Three Of Five To Keep Pace In The West - Rockford IceHogs
- Ottawa Reassigns Center Jim O'Brien to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman David Stich to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Return Goaltender Maxime Daigneault to Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Playoff Tickets On Sale - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Capture West Division Crown - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Make History In Week 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Suspended Rampage Game to be Completed April 6th - San Antonio Rampage
- Suspended AHL game to be completed April 6 - AHL
- Monsters Game To Be Completed April 6th At Hoover Arena - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids