Khudobin reassigned to Aeros, Henderson released
HOUSTON, Texas - The Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League (AHL) announced today that goaltender Anton Khudobin has been reassigned to the Aeros from the team's National Hockey League (NHL) affiliate, the Minnesota Wild. Also, the Aeros have released Jeff Henderson from his amateur try-out agreement.
Khudobin, 22 (5/7/86), has appeared in five games with the Aeros this season posting a 2-2-1 record with a 2.76 goals against average (GAA) and a .912 SV%. He was 18-10-1 with a 2.71 GAA, a .901 SV% and four shutouts in 33 games with the ECHL's Florida Everblades. Khudobin was named the ECHL Saver of the Month for November after going 7-0-0 with a 1.36 GAA, a .954 SV% and three shutouts in eight starts. The 5-foot-11, 206-pound native of Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan backstopped Russia to a gold medal at the 2004 World Under-18 Hockey Championships posting a 4-2 record with a 2.17 GAA and a .914 SV%. Khudobin was originally selected by Minnesota in the seventh round (206th overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
Henderson, 22 (9/21/86), was a member of the University of Wisconsin - Madison Badgers hockey team for the past four years. The 6-foot-2, 182-pound senior from Menomonie, Wis. is an economic major graduating in May. He backed up Aeros' goaltender Nolan Schaefer on Sunday, March 29 in Rockford, but did not play in the game.
The Aeros return to the ice Tuesday, March 31 in Iowa when they take on the Chops at Wells Fargo Arena at 7:05 p.m. Tune into Joe O'Donnell live on KNTH 1070-AM or watch online via AHLLIVE.com.
The Aeros will return home on Thursday, April 2 for Chilly's Pet Pals night at Toyota Center. Fans are invited to bring their pets to the game, and the Houston Humane Society will have a mobile pet adoption at Toyota Center.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2009
- Griffins And Bulldogs In Fight To The Finish - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Amerks Enter Final Month Of Season This Weekend - Rochester Americans
- River Rats Officially Eliminated From 2009 Playoff Race - Albany River Rats
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Continues March 31 at Zebb's Deluxe Grill and Bar - Syracuse Crunch
- Tabulating The Votes At Awards Season - AHL
- Boyce Named Marlies Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Toronto Marlies
- Hamilton Hosts Grand Rapids This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pirates Continue Push Toward Playoffs - Portland Pirates
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Sound Tigers To Play Opening Games Of Calder Cup Playoffs On Long Island - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Three big wins propel Sharks into 4th place in Atlantic - Worcester Sharks
- Khudobin reassigned to Aeros, Henderson released - Houston Aeros
- Lowell Closes Gap For Spot in Postseason - Albany Devils
- Oilers Recall Defenseman Taylor Chorney - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Recall Perry from Arizona - San Antonio Rampage
- San Jose Sharks sign Nick Petrecki and Joe Loprieno - Worcester Sharks
- MVP Health Care Player Magnet Series Giveaway Continues April 3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Schneider named RBK/AHL Player of the Week - Manitoba Moose
- Moose's Schneider named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Santorelli Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Slow Work Week For The Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hog Talk Returns Tonight At Cousin's Bar And Grill - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford Takes Three Of Five To Keep Pace In The West - Rockford IceHogs
- Ottawa Reassigns Center Jim O'Brien to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman David Stich to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Return Goaltender Maxime Daigneault to Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Playoff Tickets On Sale - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Capture West Division Crown - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Make History In Week 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Suspended Rampage Game to be Completed April 6th - San Antonio Rampage
- Suspended AHL game to be completed April 6 - AHL
- Monsters Game To Be Completed April 6th At Hoover Arena - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.