Rockford Takes Three Of Five To Keep Pace In The West
After a busy five game week, little was resolved for the Rockford IceHogs in their quest for a Calder Cup Playoff spot. The IceHogs did win three of their five games to hang onto fourth place in the West Division and have closed within two points of second place. Rockford has three more games slated for Week 26.
Week 25 Results
Monday, March 23: Milwaukee 1 vs. Rockford 2
Wednesday, March 25: Iowa 5 vs. Rockford 4
Friday, March 27: Rockford 3 at Houston 2 (SO)
Saturday, March 28: Rockford 2 at San Antonio 3
Sunday, March 29: Houston 1 vs. Rockford 2
Week 26 Schedule
Wednesday, April 1 at Lake Erie, 6 p.m.
Friday, April 3 at Syracuse, 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 4 vs. Milwaukee, 7:05 p.m.
-Rockford finished their second five-game week of the 2008-09 season 3-2-0-0
-The IceHogs also went 3-2-0-0 during a five game week from Dec. 29 to Jan. 4
-The IceHogs have held the opponents scoreless on the power play on 17 straight opportunities
-Pascal Pelletier scored his 100th career AHL goal on Sunday
-The goalie combination of Corey Crawford and Antti Niemi have allowed two or less goals 25 times this season
-Rockford has played eight straight one-goal games going 4-4-0-0 in that stretch
-Overall Rockford has played in 39 one-goal contests and have compiled a record of 20-13-0-6
-Niemi is unbeaten in regulation over his last six games (5-0-0-1) with Rockford dating back Feb. 11
-Winger Adam Hobson has five goals with Rockford this season and three of them are game winners
-Center Tim Brent has attempted an IceHogs AHL single season record 18 shootout attempts and is tied for the AHL lead with eight shootout goals
-Steve Cygan holds the IceHogs all-time single season record with 19 shootout attempts in 2002-03
-Rockford is 5-1-0-0 in the third game of three games in three days
-Rockford's three wins in Week 25 came against teams with a better record while the two losses came against teams with a worst record than the IceHogs
Hot Hog Week 25:
Rookie winger Pete MacArthur has stepped up big for the IceHogs during the stretch run. MacArthur began the week with goals in both of Rockford's first two games against Milwaukee and Iowa. On Friday, MacArthur ended the longest shootout in IceHogs history in round 13 with a goal. MacArthur then chipped in an assist on Saturday in San Antonio.
Wednesday, April 1 at Lake Erie Monsters. The puck drops at 6 p.m. Rockford heads back on the road and to Cleveland for the second and final contest against Lake Erie. Rockford will try to avenge a loss against the Monsters from January with their only stop to the Quicken Loans Arena this season.
Friday, April 3 at Syracuse Crunch. Game time is slated for 6:30 p.m. Rockford heads back to New York to face off against Syracuse at the Onondaga County War Memorial. The game is the second and final meeting on the season and the only one scheduled during the regular season in Syracuse.
Saturday, April 4 vs. Milwaukee Admirals. Game time is 7:05 p.m. The Annual Jersey Auction game is finally here as the IceHogs jump into "The Dark Hammy" jerseys to benefit the IceHogs Charitable Foundation. The first 2,000 fans will pick up a commemorative t-shirt courtesy of Saturn, Pepsi, 13 WREX and MedicineMan. Also, don't miss the Stanley Cup as hockey's most coveted trophy makes its first visit to the Rockford MetroCentre and every fan 18 or older will have a chance to win a 2009 Saturn Sky coutesy of Saturn of Rockford.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Rockford IceHogs fans can catch all of the IceHogs regular and post-season games on the Hogs flagship radio station Rockford's Voice, WNTA-AM 1330 and 30 regular season games on ESPN Radio 1380-AM, WTJK. Fans can also watch and listen to the Hogs on the World Wide Web with AHL Live! Visit the IceHogs Web site (icehogs.com) and click on the "click here to watch the AHL Live" icon, and for just $6, you can catch all of the IceHogs action on your computer. Also, fans with Comcast Cable television can tune in to Channel 57 for all the IceHogs hockey action this season. The broadcast begins with the Pregame Show 30 minutes before the puck drops. Make sure to give your opinion during the Comcast Post-Game Call-In Show following each game at (815) 874-8255.
Hog Talk Returns Tonight At Cousin's Bar and Grill:
Bud Light Hog Talk returns tonight at Cousin's Bar and Grill. Join Double T from 6-7 p.m. at Cousin's as he chats IceHogs hockey with Hogs Head Coach Bill Peters. Tonight's show will also feature rookie forward Tyler Mosienko and defenseman Brian Connelly Stop out to Cousin's, located on the corner of East State St. and Perryville in Rockford, and take advantage of some great food and Bud Light specials. If you can't make it out to Cousin's, tune into 1330 AM, WNTA.
Where to Watch the IceHogs:
IceHogs fans can now catch every IceHogs regular season game live on TV! Every IceHogs home game during the 2008-09 season can be viewed on Comcast Cable Channel-57. When the IceHogs are on the road log onto the IceHogs official team Web site, www.icehogs.com, and watch the IceHogs through AHL Live for just $6. Fans can also stop out to the Sports Page, located on Broadway near Alpine Road in Rockford, and watch the IceHogs when the team is on the road.
Tickets Now On Sale!
IceHogs individual game tickets are now on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2008-09 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the Rockford MetroCentre Box Office in downtown Rockford, at Hogs Headquarters inside CherryVale Mall or on the Web at www.metrocentre.com. Tickets start at just $10.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2009
- Griffins And Bulldogs In Fight To The Finish - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Amerks Enter Final Month Of Season This Weekend - Rochester Americans
- River Rats Officially Eliminated From 2009 Playoff Race - Albany River Rats
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Continues March 31 at Zebb's Deluxe Grill and Bar - Syracuse Crunch
- Tabulating The Votes At Awards Season - AHL
- Boyce Named Marlies Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Toronto Marlies
- Hamilton Hosts Grand Rapids This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pirates Continue Push Toward Playoffs - Portland Pirates
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Sound Tigers To Play Opening Games Of Calder Cup Playoffs On Long Island - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Three big wins propel Sharks into 4th place in Atlantic - Worcester Sharks
- Khudobin reassigned to Aeros, Henderson released - Houston Aeros
- Lowell Closes Gap For Spot in Postseason - Albany Devils
- Oilers Recall Defenseman Taylor Chorney - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Recall Perry from Arizona - San Antonio Rampage
- San Jose Sharks sign Nick Petrecki and Joe Loprieno - Worcester Sharks
- MVP Health Care Player Magnet Series Giveaway Continues April 3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Schneider named RBK/AHL Player of the Week - Manitoba Moose
- Moose's Schneider named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Santorelli Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Slow Work Week For The Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hog Talk Returns Tonight At Cousin's Bar And Grill - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford Takes Three Of Five To Keep Pace In The West - Rockford IceHogs
- Ottawa Reassigns Center Jim O'Brien to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman David Stich to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Return Goaltender Maxime Daigneault to Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Playoff Tickets On Sale - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Capture West Division Crown - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Make History In Week 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Suspended Rampage Game to be Completed April 6th - San Antonio Rampage
- Suspended AHL game to be completed April 6 - AHL
- Monsters Game To Be Completed April 6th At Hoover Arena - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Bring An IceHog Home for the Holidays During the Exclusive Online Game-Worn Jersey Auction
- IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale Is Tomorrow
- Rockford IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale Is this Saturday
- Find Gifts for Everyone and Save up to 60% at the IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale on November 21
- Oink Outfitters Is Open for All of Your IceHogs Holiday Shopping